Chapter one

For out of the overflow of the heart,the mouth speaks.
Matt. 12:34
N. I. V
Tia

I sighed as I slipped my feet into my favorite Dorothy Perkins flats. It was my first Sunday in Stillwater,Oklahoma since my dad became the local preacher,causing us to move in two days ago.

The new mission house was already in order since I was used to moving. Dan used to be a missionary so I probably have more stamps on my passport from foreign countries than my aunt Mary has spots on her face from catching the chicken pox.

I finally decided on what to wear;a knee-length floaty blue skirt with a subtly figure hugging long sleeved white shirt. Putting my back length chestnut colored hair into a French twist,I applied subtle mascara and lip balm. Not too flashy;simple and presentable,after all I was the preachers kid.

On the way to the chapel,I noticed that Dan was tense. "Relax." I said "You'll do great. You always do."

"I don't know how they'll accept me." Dan confessed." I researched and compiled a few notes on forgiveness but it just doesn't seem right. "

"You know this is a great opportunity for me to remind you of the theme you picked for our church back at Camden. Let the spirit lead." I reminded him and he smiled.

"You know you've always been my role model, not just because you're my dad but because you're passionate about the great commission and you have this aura that makes people notice you,want to listen to and believe you. I want to be a missionary just like you Godwilling. I want to evangelize. "

"Evangelism." Dan said thoughtfully. "That's it!! Evangelism! Oh Tia you are indeed heaven sent!"

I listened as Dan spoke inspiredly about evangelism. He didn't realize how spirit filled his words were. One thing I admired abouts Dan was his humility. At age 34,he was the youngest but most respected pastor ever but that never made him look down on the others in the main mission house. And there was also the fact that he was not my real father. I was left at Dan's doorstep as an infant and he raised me up with the help of his late parents who died in a plane crash. I used to wonder what I had done wrong to be abandoned as an infant; why my parents didn't want me, was I a mistake? But one of my favorite verses always consoled me:we know that God is always at work for the good of those who love him. They are the ones he has chosen for his purpose. ROM. 8:28

God loved me, Dan loved me and trust me,that love was very much reciprocated.

Love you Dan." I said.

"Love you too honey." Dan said with an expression which clearly read 'why the sudden emotion?'

Content,I looked out and enjoyed the scenery.

"Honey?" Dan said hesitantly.

" Hmmn?"

"You're leading worship today."

"I'M WHAT???!!'

Startled, Dan stepped on the brake hurriedly when he lost control of the car.
He sighed and prepared for my lecture. I knew why he didn't tell me early. I was battling shyness.
Sometimes being the daughter of a preacher was such a drag.

Hey lovelies!!!!
So this is my first story ever on wattpad. I decided to try something spiritual with a kick of teenfiction so I hope you enjoy it. Please don't be a silent reader; vote,comment and message me on how I can make the book better. PLEASE no negative comments are allowed. I am also sorry for the short chappy and any typos.
Always remember I love y'all,but Jesus loves you morest ;-)
Much love♥,
Areida.

Music video is This is living by Hillsong united ft lecrae.Enjoy