Chapter five

Scott

        "Mum I want to go with Scott." Jodie said,folding her arms and pouting.

         "You already know the answer," my MA said "no".

            " fine!" Jodie huffed and stomped to her room.

                I calmly took Jodie's half untouched food and added it to mine and continued eating.

               Feeling my mum's gaze on me,I looked up and raised an eyebrow bemused.

                Still not getting a word out of my mum,I commented"great kid you've got there,she's very submissive."

                  "Can't say the same about you though." My mum rolled her eyes."you're still performing in clubs and other shoddy places and singing songs about anger,disappointment..."

                  "Mum," I sighed,"please don't start this now."

                   "Will you also be a great and submissive kid if I tell you not to perform tonight or ever?" She asked hopefully.

                    "Not happening." I replied "the Heroes are my unofficial family and they don't judge me."

                     "It's a school night," she tried again. "Your grades,you need to get into a university."

                        "Mum Scott's a straight A student. Even for social studies,though he sucks at socializing. Wonder what people see in him to make him this popular" Jodie said.

                         "Go to bed Jodie." My ma said "and pray before you sleep."

                         "Yes,yes." Jo said,rolling her eyes and kissing I
and my ma goodnight.

                             ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Tia

               "No Dad" I said into the phone. The band was not yet in so I decided to check on him."it's not dangerous, just a popular teen hangout."

                 "Fine." Dan sighed. "Just don't stay till midnight, it's a school night after all."

                  "Sure thing." I reassured him."Don't worry about me"

                    "I won't." Dan replied "you're a big girl "

                    "Bye Dan." I said,then stopped in the middle of my 180° turn. So what did that make it? A 90° turn? Urrgh shut up brain no time to be sciencey!!!

                 And that was so true because as I was ending my conversation with Dan a shiny royal blue BMW convertible had driven into the parking lot which I had come to for privacy. And I had frozen because of the person who'd stepped out.

                 The jerk from music class.

                 Did he always have to look so immaculate? I wondered as he took a step towards the entrance where I stood.

                  Just then a pretty black haired girl approached him and I couldn't help but eavesdrop since they were within hearing distance.

                  "Hey hottie" she said coyly,batting her long eyelashes at him."there's a party at my mates' tomorrow at 8 and I was wondering if you'd like to come with......."