Chapter Eighteen

Tia

   The school seemed to be buzzing with news again and unsurprisingly I was going to be the last person to hear it.

    Seeing Ashe I walked over to him.

     "Hey Preach." He said,calling me by the nickname he'd given to Dan since he couldn't be bothered with actual names. "Looking for Scott? He's not in yet."

       "Thanks." I said,blushing "but I was wondering what everyone's talking about?"

         "Oh," he teased "still the last person to receive info even if the person's a good friend of yours huh?"

            "A good friend of mine?" I questioned.

            "Today's Laurent's birthday." Ashe explained "bugger didn't let us sleep last night because of his senseless chatter. Anyway he's having a party at the oasis beach tonight. Everyone's talking because though he's silly most times all the parties he hosts are the bomb. He'll be expecting you. And there's Scottie."

            I turned to see Scott behind me.

             "Morning." He said,taking my books from me.

              "Morning." I chirped and Ashe echoed with a knowing look I ignored.

             "So do I have to tell you about Laurent's party or..."

             "I know about it!" I interrupted his jab.

               "Only because I just told her." Ashe smirked.

                "Happy birthday Levi ." I said when he joined us,ignoring Scott and Ashe's obnoxious laughter.

                "I'm sorry I didn't get you anything." I continued sadly. "I honestly didn't know."

                  "Really princessa?" Levi rolled his eyes. "You being my friend is an unbelievable and undeserved gift!" He suddenly got a mischievous look on his face and smirked,saying "but then again a hug will do."

                  "Sure!" I said,smiling and moving to give him one.

                 "You've really got a death wish bro." Ashe chuckled lowly,looking very entertained. I looked at him puzzled.

                  Suddenly Scott pulled me away from Levi,frowning deeply. "We're very late..." He begun but got interrupted by Nicci.

                   "Hey I'll be at yours around sixish so we'll go to the party together. That's if you're going?" She said.

                    I took one look at Levi's adorable face and sighed "sure,you can come over."

                   We had started hanging out a lot after she came to my house to apologise. Turned out that Chloe had a crush on Levi and didn't agree to my close friendship with him. Nicci also didn't agree to her friend and cousin's unfair treatment towards me. She was still friends with them though and spent time with me when the guys were not around.

         . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

                 True to her word Nicci showed up around six. But we didn't leave for the party early as we planned. Nicci was not satisfied with my looks or wardrobe so we ended up going to the mall/local centre for a makeover.

                   We were soon at the beach which gave stillwater it's name. By beach,I meant a narrow strip of sand along one edge of
Coulsdon lake and by party,I meant a huge bonfire, barbecue food a band I didn't know,teenagers and lots of alcohol. It wasn't a big lake,but it was a large crowd.