Chapter Fifteen

Tia.

     Saying that Scott was distracted was a huge understatement. He was with me but not with me,and he seemed very disturbed. I looked closely at his fatigued appearance which was as a result of lack of sleep,obvious from the huge dark bags under his eyes.

    Feeling sorry for calling him to rehearse at such an ungodly hour,I decided to end the rehearsal early. After all it was no fun. Scott's singing was impeccable as always but it lacked the emotion and enthusiasm he usually displayed. And then there was the snobby attitude with which he treated people who were not in his inner circle. It was as if his lack of sleep heightened it.

      Seeing him packing up,I was surprised to see him sit down and start strumming a random soothing melody,lovingly on his guitar. That instrument was so lucky.

      "You know,you even treat that guitar better than you treat most people,girls especially." I said,walking over to him.

        If he was surprised at my intrusion he didn't show it. " because it understands me. It doesn't get clingy,tell lies ,hurt me or desert me;we understand each other,it is my heart's strings.

            . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

          I smiled thinly as I left the stage after my solo ministration which was supposed to be a duet. Even though the congregation clapped I knew it was not good.

           Scott jerk McAllister didn't show up.

             I couldn't believe that he slept in and forgot that we had a ministration today! And I thought he was a changed person because he acted much more nicer to me.

              I looked through the congregation for his mother and sister and didn't see them either. Seems like the sleeping in was a family thing.

              The next day Isaac didn't show up in school, neither did the others. That got me thinking.

                "Rumor has it that the Heroes went on an impromptu vacay to the carribean." Nicci told us. We were having smoothies at sue Lin's read & feed.

                   "That's a lie." Liza said instantly. "Wake up from your Luke infested daydream and smell Jasmine, Nic. Cos I'm looking at Scott McAllister right now."

                   "Where?!" I demanded.

                    "The convenience store." Chloe said.

                     "Go get him." Liza urged.

                    The first thing I noticed was his still puffy eyes and haggard appearance. It felt a jolt of pity but realized that he must have been really partying hard and dispelled it quickly.

            "So you really meant it when you said singing in church was 'not your thing' huh?" I begun "or is it that you get a kick out of disappointing people and being an all round jerk? How could you do that to me?! You knew how important that ministration was to me,yet you pulled a no show and made me look stupid! You know, Scott McAllister I actually thought you were a decent person and wondered why you let other people judge you but now I realize that you deserve it,you unreliable jerk!"

                He regarded me for a while with a hard look. His face then turned expressionless when he said "As cliché as this sounds, I'm sorry and I regret ever thinking that you were different and worth my time."

                 He then entered his car and sped off.

                 "You know you have a bad habit of jumping into conclusions and opening your mouth to spew a huge load of crap without searching for proof." The familiar voice of Ashe said behind me bluntly. "It's not very attractive and your mouth is not a trashcan so solve that issue quickly."