Chapter Fourteen

Scott

    The extended mid-term came to and end quickly to my relief. And no, it was not because I was eager to start spending time with Tia. It was because of my sister.

    She had started hanging out with bad company and boys had started noticing her. Call me an overprotective older brother but my sister was very pretty and I loved her and she me.

   The sad thing was I couldn't forbid her from doing it because that would be too hypocritical. Actually come to think of it I was her older brother and the man of the house presently so my word was law.

   "Scott? Scott are you even listening to me?"

     I shook my heard to clear my thoughts and shot Tia a smirk after seeing her irritated face.

     "No." I said "sorry angel but could you please ran that by me again?"

       She rolled her eyes and started talking.

        Surprisingly, Tia and I have gotten more amicable to the extent that we could hang out for a day without arguing. I still couldn't help but wonder if it was the calm before the storm. I just didn't do the friendship thing,especially with the opposite sex. I always messed up. That's why the guys and I got along just fine.

         Birds of a feather...

        Presently I was teaching her how to inculcate rifts and runs into a song and she was failing.

        Big time.

        "How do you even do that?" She complained.

         I smirked."it's all in the breath control. You have to learn how to release your breath equally for the words you are singing to power them. And to release less on specific notes to sustain them,doing all this without sounding breathless. That's not an attractive sound."

         "How can you even do that?" She questioned curiously.

           "Constant practice and swimming." I answered truthfully.

            "I give up for now." She said."I'll go try at home. If it doesn't work out,you'll do it all and I'll do my normal thing."

              I laughed and got up,following her to Pastor Dan's office to say bye.

                    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

         I saw three new cars that were not mine in front of my house and wondered what was going on. Entering the house,I saw Ashe and Levi playing god of war and Isaac just being Isaac.

          "What are you guys doing here?" I questioned.

        "Coming to take you to a party." Ashe said." Rumour has it that this one's going to be the mother of all parties so you have to be there. You've not been to one in ages!"

         I thought for a while the said "sorry guys,but I don't feel like going. You can go without me." I honestly didn't want to go to church with a hangover and tomorrow was the day Tia and I were ministering.

          Levi shot me a knowing look."she's gotten to you huh?" He teased.

          Knowing that if I didn't go I'll have them disturb me for ages,I gave in saying "fine,I'll go check on Jo and join you."

           "I'm ready!" I heard Jo say,walking into the room.

             I took one look at her and growled "what are you wearing and where do you think you're going?"