Chapter Four.

Tia

The next day I woke up extremely late. That's what you get for not praying before going to bed. My conscience prodded. I shook it off and rushed to bath and get prepared,running around like a scalded dog.

I was ready in record time and rushed to Dan's room,seeing that the bus had left ages ago.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP????!!!!" I yelled into my poor father's ear and yanked the quilt off his sleeping form.

Startled, he fell of the bed with a resounding thump and groaned softly.

"Because," he said quietly"if I quite remember. You have a wickedly loud alarm clock which was invented for just that. Besides at six it made enough noise to  raise the dead  and i heard you get up to turn it off, muttering loudly."

"Yeah," i said shamefully"I'm sorry dad,it's my fault. I went back to sleep."

"Apology accepted." Dan said now if you'll excuse me,I'm going back to sleep. Couldn't sleep a wink with you bashing your study music. Can't understand how people can learn with noise."

"You can't go to sleep, you're taking me to school!!" I said."please! "I added when Dan raised an eyebrow." I've already missed 10 minutes of my first period. "

"Fine." Dan said resignedly "I'll take you."

I bit into a muffin and grabbed my stuff,entering Dan's car and he drove off.

Fast.

"It's my third day in town and I'll probably get a speeding ticket." Dan grumbled.

"No you won't" I chirped."who's ever heard of a man of God getting a speeding ticket?"

Dan raised an eyebrow. But I continued,making reference to one of his teachings. "It's called undeserved favor Dan and I know I'm going to get to school without any hitches. I prayed about it."

"Well your prayers have been answered cos we're here" Dan said

I gasped when I saw the school. It was huge and beautiful. Most of the buildings were made up of turquoise and blue glass.

"Someone has a presentation in a bit" Dan teased me,breaking me out of my awestruck mode." Thanks dad." I said hurriedly "you're an angel."

"All the grace honey," Dan replied " may God be with you"

"Thanks." I shouted back "I really need him". Looking at the map of the school and my class schedule, I finally slipped into my class quietly and luckily found an empty seat.

The teacher then looked up from her book immediately I sat down. "Seems like miss Harlston is not in so Mr Hennessey you can your turn." She said.

"I'm here!" I shouted,taking my notes out of my bag and walking to the front of their class. The teacher gave me a suspicious but said nothing to my relief. I was starting to really believe in Dan's parting blessing as I gave my presentation on mitosis and meiosis flawlessly.

"God is great" I said to my sitting partner when I was done.

"Don't we know?" She said amused.

I took in her features:long jet-black hair which was put into a high ponytail with leather, olive skin and shiny black eyes. Definitely Caribbean. "I'm Tia." I said.

"I know,you're the preacher's kid." She said.
"I'm Cloe. Nice to meet you. Welcome to Stillwater."

We spent the rest of the period getting to know each other and I found out that she was Liza's cousin and had the same lunch period so we agreed to meet at lunch.