Chapter Sixteen.

Tia

     I was disappointed when I had to go home without talking to Scott. Apparently he had broken down due to stress,hunger and lack of sleep.

       The next day,I went to the hospital which was crowded with Jodie's loyal friends as usual and joined the guys.

        Ashe glared at me and Levi,seeing it whispered "he'll come around when you talk to Scott."

        "Where's Scott?" I asked.

           " Hiding somewhere"  Levi replied. "Hates crowds when he's not performing."

             I then set off to find him.

             He was lying on his windshield with his eyes closed when I saw him. I walked over to him and he opened an eye.

              "May I join you?" I asked tentatively.

                He regarded me quietly then made space for me,closing his eyes. I took that as a yes and joined him.

                "I'm sorry." I begun sincerely. "I'm so,so,sorry and I honestly have no excuse for the horrible things I said to you yesterday. Please forgive me. I have the tendacy to just jump into conclusions and act without thinking..."

                  "Shut up." Scott said." No need for all that. You said you're sorry and I heard it so I've forgiven you."

                    "You have?" I stared at him in shock.

                     "Life's too short to hold grudges." He replied simply.

                       I stared at his unbelievably handsome face which looked so calm,a contrast to the sorrow he was hoarding in him.

                    "I heard a picture lasts longer,angel." He said "you could just ask for one instead of staring. Staring is rude."

                     I rolled my eyes when I saw his smirk i then lay down and closed my eyes.

                    "Do you still think God is fair and just?" He questioned quietly.

                     I kept quiet for a while,wondering whether he was going to open up to me.

                     "Yes." I finally answered.

                     He snorted. "Is it because you were brought up to think so? Open your eyes angel,wake up and smell Jasmine!"

                     "It's not just because I was brought up to be a Christian Scott. I've seen so for myself, heard testimonies,read about it." I said " God does everything for a reason and for our good because he loves us. He doesn't always expect us to agree with him because we are human and our thoughts are not like his..."

                    "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,and neither are your ways my ways declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways,and my thoughts than your thoughts." Scott mused,opening his eyes "Isaiah 55:8-9"

                     I stared at him in shock. "How?"

                      "I grew up like you angel,always depending on God,especially when my dad disappeared and left my mum pregnant with Jo and poor. She worked as a maid and a waitress in order to pay, our school fees;westly and i and pay for other essentials. We used to help her out especially when it came to scrubbing." He shot me a look.