Chapter Thirteen.

Once again please don't feel shy to comment or message me about grammar mistakes or typos because I won't lie,I update when I feel like or when I get inspired and those are at very random times; in the middle of the night,when I wake up in the morning,etc. Yasssssss so I'll shut up now...

Tia

         I was done reading small steps for the third time. I read it with Levi in mind,trying to link the words to the childish,cheerful guy I knew.

          But as I sat before him at my dining table,I realised that he was either a very good actor or ...

           When caught unawares his beautiful silver eyes were as cliché as it seems, filled with sadness.

             I quickly looked down when our gazes clashed.

             "You find me good looking princessa?" He smirked,his eyes filled with humour.

              Ashe groaned and Scott rolled his eyes muttering 'flirt' under his breath.

              Levi retaliated by saying something which sounded strangely like 'whipped' , making the guys laugh.

                Dan had invited them all for dinner to my surprise and for reasons unknown. He was presently outside making a call.

                 I saw the guys sober up quickly and turned. Dan was walking in.

                  "Shall we pray" Dan said as he sat.

                    We then started eating.

                   "How did you guys find the lesson today?" Dan asked.

                     "Good" Scott, Isaac, and Ashe chorused.

                      "It wasn't boring." Levi said seriously, munching on his drumstick.

                        We all silently looked at Dan. He seriously appraised Levi who looked petrified,he then threw his head back and laughed.

                        "So Isaac," Dan continued after his laughter,"what did did you learn?"

                         "A lot actually," Isaac  said seriously, "But what really got to me was the connection between the prophet Hosea's love for his wife Gomer and God's love for us. I finally get why you Christians love God,because he loves you no matter what you do or how many times you let him down. He'll always take you just as Hosea took his cheating wife back every time. Even when she went and lived with a different man for a while."

                          "You're not a Christian?" Dan asked curiously.

                         "No." Isaac said cooly as usual, King of poker face. "Amongst us three Scott is the only one with a Christian background because of his mum."

                          "What about your parents?" Dan asked them.

                           "I don't live with them." Isaac said ambiguously.

                            "They're divorced. I live with my mum,when she remembers that she has a house that is." Ashe said nonchalantly.

                               "They're dead." Levi said monotone.

                               And there goes our conversation. I thought when silence descended along with awkwardness at the table.