The Downfall

"Whoa this party...is great," Audrey slurred as she leaned against the nearest wall. Caroline smirked at her intoxicated friend.

"Oh yeah? You having fun Aud?" Caroline asked. Audrey nodded enthusiastically. She took another swig from her glass but notice nothing was in it. "You know what? I'm going to get wasted too,"

"Whoo! Join the club!" Audrey cheered lifting her empty glass into the air. "I need more bourbon," She giggled reaching for Damon's bottle she had stolen. When she saw nothing was in that either she pouted. "Damon is going to kill me and I'm out of alcohol!" As if on a cue, Damon appeared in front of her.

"Little bird, I think you've had enough considering you drank half a bottle of my strongest stuff," He grimaced realizing she was going to be a mess tomorrow. Audrey pouted and ran her finger down Damon's chest seductively.

"Please Damon, can't I have just a little more," If she wasn't extremely intoxicated he'd flirt back, but he knew better.

"Babe, you're already at the point of not remembering anything tomorrow so no. You're officially cut off for the night," He chuckled. She frowned like a little child, while crossing her arms over her chest. "Awe lighten up. You can still have fun!" She rolled her eyes and stumbled away. She ventured into the next room where she spotted her little brother lighting up a joint with Matt Donovan.

"Matthew!" She called attempting to walk over to them but falling before she even reached the couch they were perched on. Matt jumped to his feet laughing hysterically at the girl on the ground. He bent down to lift her from the ground and onto her feet. She smiled dizzily at him. "I've missed you!" She giggled hugging him. "Like really missed you," Matt had never seen the young Gilbert sister so drunk before. A part of him was worried but his high brain couldn't process that. He smiled hugging her back.

"Audrey, you saw me the other day," He chuckled.

"I know, but you look so good tonight," If they were sober this exchange wouldn't be happening. Audrey was always on the shy side when it came to saying things. She was never really one to be blunt unless she had liquid courage in her. Obviously tonight she had a lot of it. "I used to always be so jealous of Elena. She had the hottest boyfriend in school. The quarterback of the football team," Matt chuckled at her outburst.

"Thanks? Hey Jer, I'm going to get your sister some water. I'll be right back," Matt said looking back over his shoulder. Jeremy just rolled his eyes and nodded. "Come on little Gilbert," He tried helping her to the kitchen but she was slightly disoriented and could barely walk. Eventually, Matt just opted on carrying her.

"Hey Matt-whoa. How drunk is she?" Elena asked once she saw her friend and her sister.

"Put it this way. She has no filter right now and can't walk," Matt laughed glancing down at the girl in his arms who was clinging to the shirt on his body smelling it.

"Oh dear god. After you're done, doing whatever could you make sure she gets to bed upstairs?" Elena asked. Matt nodded causing relief to flood over her. She nodded walking away to search for Caroline. When Matt arrived in the kitchen he sat Audrey on the counter before getting her a glass of water. The moment he handed her the glass she chugged it down thinking it was more alcohol. Matt laughed taking the empty glass from her hands and setting it in the sink. He walked over to her with the intent to pick her back up and take her upstairs so she could sleep but she had something else on her mind. The moment he was in front of her she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

"Matt you don't see me as a little girl right? I'm not just Elena's little sister to you am I?" She asked with a slight hiccup. He shook his head reaching out to push some hair out of her face.