Alone Together

Audrey laid in bed staring blankly at her bedroom wall. She had no energy to move, it was as if everything had been drained from her. She had spent the night before crying but now she was sick of it. She wanted to shut it all off and feel nothing. There was movement beside her before a hand appeared on her shoulder. "Aud," Caroline sighed. Audrey didn't say anything or move, she just continued staring at wall. "Come on, you're stronger than this,"

"Am I?" She whispered out, still staring at the wall.

"Yes! You're Audrey Elizabeth Gilbert! We share the same middle name because we're named after my mom for a reason! We're all strong amazing women!" Caroline insisted rather loudly.

"Caroline, I love you but please be quiet," Audrey groaned shoving her face into her pillow.

"I'm sorry, but it's true. You have survived too much to give up over some stupid guy!" Caroline encouraged. Audrey chuckled and rolled over to look at Caroline. "Now stop being dramatic and get ready. I'm taking you out," The blonde winked playfully. Audrey giggled and sat up slowly.

"Alright fine. I need to get out of the house for a little bit anyways," Audrey sighed. Caroline smiled and brushed back her friend's hair.

"Alright go shower and meet me downstairs in a half hour," Caroline instructed before standing up and leaving the room. Audrey stretched out her arms and yawned loudly before getting up to shower. She basked in the warm water of her shower feeling relaxed for the first time in a long time. Once she was done she quickly put on some sweats and walked out of her room.

"I said I was taking you out. Why are you wearing sweats?" Caroline questioned once she saw her friend.

"Because I want to," Audrey answered blankly.

"Fine whatever it's your choice to look like a bum," Caroline said playfully causing Audrey to smile. She liked how Caroline wasn't treating her any different than before. She wasn't pitying her she was putting her in her place something she did well.

"So where are we going?" Audrey asked following the blonde out the front door.

"We're driving to Northbrooke and going out to lunch at Allure and after that we are going to see that new sappy romance movie that just came out. The one with Shailene Woodley and Finnick from the Hunger Games. I think they get stuck on a boat or something," Caroline listed off as they got into her car.

"No romance movies! Let's watch an action one or do something else," Audrey insisted. If she watched a movie about love it would only make her crave it. She wanted to draw out her anger for her soulmate. Caroline chuckled and shook her head.

"Fine, after lunch we can go shopping," Caroline said as she started her car and pulled out of the driveway. Northbrooke was only the next town over so it didn't take long to get there. The car ride was filled with old songs the two would listen to as kids, they belted out every lyric wildly and mostly off key. Once they got to the restaurant Caroline made sure they were seated in the most secluded corner. She wanted them to feel as if they were famous or royalty. Audrey cocked an eyebrow at her friend once they sat down. "What?" Caroline asked innocently.

"A little over the top don't you think?" Audrey chuckled.

"There's no such thing as over the top," Caroline smirked.

"Thank you Care, for everything," Audrey said with a small smile. "You've helped take my mind off everything and I really appreciate it,"

"It's no problem Audrey, you're my best friend. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you," Caroline said reaching over to grab her friend's hand. Audrey squeezed it softly before letting it go to grab the menu and decide what she wanted to order. The waitress came to bring them drinks and take their food order once she left Audrey looked at Caroline and sighed.