Paint It Black

Sorry it took so long to update. I had exams and I went to a music festival but thankfully school is finally over!

Audrey had just stepped out of Damon's car when her phone began to ring. She answered it quickly. "Hello?"

"Audrey? I-something's wrong. I-I puked up Damon's blood," Elena stuttered out with fear. Audrey looked at Damon who's eyes had widened. "It's all over my dress. I don't know what to do,"

"Okay Elena, just relax. Damon's with me right now and he's going to run home and grab you a new dress okay? I'll meet you wherever you are," Audrey cooed soothingly. She nodded at Damon who immediately sped off. "Where are you?"

"In the basement bathroom," Elena answered.

"Okay, I'll be there in a second," Audrey said running towards the church. She hung up her phone and went straight to the bathroom in the basement. "Elena?"

"Audrey?" She asked opening the door. Audrey quickly stepped inside and shut the door behind her, locking it. Blood was smeared all over the front of Elena's dress and there was some dripping down her neck. Audrey grabbed some paper towels and wet them before trying to clean her sister off. "I don't know what's wrong with me,"

"Me either," Audrey mumbled while wiping off the blood from her neck. "We'll figure it out though," Elena nodded. Suddenly her phone went off.

"Damon?" She answered.

"I'm here, where are you?" He asked while practically jogging into the church.

"I'm in the basement bathroom," Elena replied just as the doorknob began to rattle. "Is that you at the door?"

"Not yet," Damon answered. Elena's eyes widen. There's a knock and Audrey glances at the door before looking at her sister.

"Sorry, there's someone in here!" Elena shouts at the door. "Damon hurry!" Once she hung up the phone, her and Audrey began to clean the blood from the bathroom. They finish just as Damon arrives. Elena hears him outside and opens to door, quickly grabbing the dress. Audrey peaks her head out and sees the guy from the bar. "Sorry I-I spilt coffee all over my dress," She says to the man.

"Come on Elena. I'll help you get dressed and cleaned up," Audrey says before pulling Elena in and shutting the bathroom door. Elena speeds out of her ruined dress and slips on the new one.

"Everything alright in there?" Damon asks from outside the door.

"Yeah, just a minute!" Elena said. Together her and Audrey shove the bloody paper towels into the bag to hide the evidence. After the bathroom is completely clean, they walk out together. "I'm so sorry that took so long," Elena apologized.

"No problem," The man said casually.

"Well enjoy your stay. We love visitors and the scenery is to die for," Damon said before fake gasping. "Funeral pun. Too soon. Sorry," He wraps his arms around the two girls and leads them upstairs. The trio walks out of the church and towards the back.

"Did you bring the blood bag?" Elena asked desperately.

"Would you mind saying that a little louder?" Damon answered sarcastically. He pulls Elena behind a tree and hands the bag. "Here," She takes it and rips it open and begins to drink but starts to feel sick again. She throws up the blood again and begins to tear up.

"No, I can't. It taste like...what's wrong with me?" She gasped with panic. Damon gently wipes the blood from her chin and sighs.

"I don't know, maybe it's your doppelgänger blood. You're rejecting the transition," Damon explained.