We All Fall Down

When Audrey woke up in the morning her eyes were swollen from crying all night and her head was pounding from all of the shots she took to forget about Alaric dying. To say she felt like shit was an understatement. After a long shower she dragged herself downstairs, but stopped when she passed Alaric's old room. Elena and Jeremy were covering everything to start painting. "I still can't believe he's really gone now," Audrey said as she leaned against the door frame.

"I know, me neither. We just have to keep moving forward though," Elena said softly. "It's what he'd want,"

"It's nothing new either," Audrey smiled before turning to continue her way down to the kitchen. On her way down she passed Stefan walking up. "Morning,"

"Morning," He replied. No other words were exchanged between the two, but Audrey didn't mind. She didn't want to deal with Stefan anyways. After pouring herself a bowl of cereal, Audrey sat down to enjoy her breakfast in peace. It lasted for about a minute before her little brother storming down the stairs ruined it.

"Whoa! Jer, what's wrong?" Audrey asked as Jeremy stomped past her.

"For one fucking day I want no vampires or werewolves or hybrids barging in and bringing all their bullshit with them. I want a day with no supernatural assholes ruining it," Jeremy angrily stated before leaving the house.

"Okay then," Audrey muttered to herself. Not too long later Stefan came downstairs. "Why is baby brother already pissed off?"

"Because I'm here and apparently he's not okay with that," Stefan sighed.

"Yeah I could tell," Audrey said as she finished her breakfast.

"What are your plans for the day?" Stefan asked awkwardly, as he sat beside her at the counter.

"I don't know. Klaus will probably kidnap me at some point today," Audrey said. "Why?"

"I was just asking," Stefan smiled, but deep down he was still somewhat mad that innocent Audrey was with big bad Klaus. When the doorbell rang Audrey was quick to jump up and answer it.

"I can't believe that freak is already-," She cut herself off when she saw who was on the other side of the door. Damon was holding Bonnie by the arm with an angry expression on his face. Dry blood covered her neck and she wore a guilty look.

"We have a problem," Damon muttered.

-

"What do you mean he turned?! I thought you were standing guard!" Stefan shouted at his older brother.

"Don't blame me! Blame Bonnie the walking blood bank. She fed him," Damon defended. Bonnie rolled her eyes at him.

"I didn't know what I was doing, okay? The witches told me to do it, they wanted him to turn," She said sternly.

"So where's the stake now?" Stefan asked suddenly.

"Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an Original and wipe out an entire line of vampires? We don't know," Damon answered sarcastically. Audrey was in shock still and had no idea what to say. Alaric was still alive but he was evil?

"If you are so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life?" Bonnie shot back at Damon.

"Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him," Damon said shaking his head.

"Alright, so how do we kill him now?" Stefan questioned the witch.

"I've been trying to figure that out. A witch can't truly make an immortal creature, there is always a way to undo a spell," Bonnie answered. "Problem is, I have no idea what it is," Everyone got quiet for a moment and it was then that Damon took notice at how pale Audrey looked.