Dance the Night Away

The bonfire was in full rage. Kegs and coolers lined up as kids began to get drunk. It was a typical night in the life of teenagers. Except, half of the teenagers were immortal vampires. "Chug! Chug! Chug!" A crowd roared as a familiar brunette was held above one of the kegs. Her hands were placed on either side of the rim while the tap was on her mouth. Audrey Gilbert was doing a kegstand. Something she'd never done before tonight. Stefan quickly intervened when he saw the scene before him. He was hoping Audrey was going to give him the least amount of trouble, but he was sadly mistaken.

"All right party girl. Let's cool it," Stefan sighed as he pulled her down from the keg. She hiccuped and lazily looked up at the man holding her.

"Stefan! You made it!" She slurred. Stefan rolled his eyes and was tempted to break the girl's neck. She was completely hammered. "I-Woah," She giggled when she tripped over nothing. "I'm so happy right now,"

"Why don't you sit down over here and rest," Stefan grumbled. He plopped her down on a seat. "Stay here," The fact that he actually thought she'd listen was a big mistake. He walked away to find Elena, while Audrey stood up. She was definitely drunk, but she was also faking a little bit of it too. She needed a lot of liquid courage for what she was about to do. When she saw Elena coming towards her she frowned.

"I thought we weren't suppose to be by each other?" Audrey asked confused.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Elena asked worriedly. Once she started drinking, she quickly became aware of what her little sister was planning to do. "I mean, you were right earlier. This isn't you and I don't want you doing something that you feel uncomfortable doing just because we asked you to,"

"Elena, don't worry. I'll be fine," Audrey assured. She felt confident in herself now. "Caroline and I do this at parties anyways. Besides, the moment Stefan sees me he'll stop me. So, go do something stupid so he's on your ass for a while," Elena nodded and hugged her sister once more before leaving. Audrey took a deep, calming breath as she walked towards the guy controlling the music. "Hey, can you do me a favor?" She asked flirtatiously.

"Uh sure, what do you need?" He replied smirking. Audrey leaned in closely and bit her lip.

"Could you play Gimme More by Britney Spears please?" The guy gave her a weird look and she would've done the same. She hated this song but she could dance to it. "I promise, it will be worth it," She smirked. The guy eventually caved in and did as told. Once the familiar beat began to drum through the speakers she made her way over to a nearby table. She climbed on top of the table and stood up, gathering attention from people standing around. When she started to sway her hips a crowd formed. Her heart was pounding but she kept telling herself that she was wasted and continued to dance to the sexy song. She pictured Caroline up on the table with her to get herself calm. The song was halfway over when the loud group surrounding her drew Stefan's attention. He was watching Elena when obnoxious cheers and slurs were being screamed. Audrey was doing a wild hair flip when his eyes finally landed on her. The moment he witnessed her putting on a show for the student body he sped over to her. He stood on the table with her, hoping she'd stop but she continued. It took him hauling her over his shoulder for her to stop. The crowd booed Stefan as he carried Audrey away for the second time that night. Rebekah, who had been watching the scene, chuckled. She admired how bold the human girl was.

"Why are you trying to make this more difficult than it has to be?" Stefan growled as he threw her to the ground. They were a safe distance away from everyone and Audrey didn't know if that should scare her or not.

"Why do you have to protect me anyways? What does Klaus want with me?!" It was a question Audrey had been wanting to ask for a while. What part did she play in Klaus's plan?