My Soul To Keep

(I made a gif for this chapter, but of course Wattpad won't let me upload it because it's too big. If you copy and paste that link into a search engine it should take you right to it) (I just remembered you can't copy and paste on here so the only thing I could really do is put the short link in. You'll have to type it into the search bar exactly like you see it. Sorry for all the confusion!)

Klaus sat on the porch swing of the Gilbert house waiting for Caroline to arrive. It was early morning and Audrey was still asleep on the couch. Caroline's car pulled up quickly and she exited it in a rush meeting Klaus on the porch.

        "What's going on? Is Audrey okay? Did Elena call?" She questioned in a panic.

        "Caroline stop, sit down," Klaus stated calmly. Caroline shut her mouth and sat down beside him. "Damon called me last night, apparently Katherine was following them and fed Jeremy to Silas, killing him," Caroline's eyes widened with shock. "I haven't told Audrey, but they're on their way here and I don't know what to do." Klaus explained glancing through the front room window at his sleeping soulmate.

        "Oh my god," Caroline gasped, tears welled up in her eyes as she covered her mouth from shock.

        "This is going to kill her," Klaus said softly. Caroline nodded as more tears fell down her face.

        "Jeremy was the only family she had left. Her and Elena have been growing estranged ever since Elena turned her back on Audrey when it was revealed you two were soulmates. Jeremy was the glue keeping them together and now that he's gone everything's going to fall apart," Caroline explained.

        "Do we tell her-?" Klaus began.

        "No, she has to see for herself. All we can do is be there for her," Caroline said cutting him off. "When she lost her parents, John, and Jenna she still had Jeremy. They had always been close but their parents dying brought them together even more. Audrey swore to herself that she would always protect him no matter what and that he would always be safe, happy, and healthy. This will break her." Klaus looked down with despair. Losing his little brother hurt like hell but he could handle the pain because all he had ever known was pain. Audrey was different, she was innocent. This would be the last straw. Caroline wiped away her tears and stood up. "Come on, the least we can do is make some breakfast for her." Klaus nodded and stood up to follow her into the house. They made sure to move quietly so that Audrey wouldn't wake up but Klaus stopped when he saw a picture frame hanging on the wall. It was Audrey and Jeremy when they were children. She had her arm wrapped around his neck bringing him in close, looking at him with a soft teasing smile while he was laughing, trying to get out of her hold on him. Klaus smiled as a memory of him and Elijah at that age came to mind.

-

Audrey woke up as the smell of bacon wafted through the room. She stretched her arms out and sat up slowly looking around with confusion. Was Klaus making her breakfast? She yawned tiredly and stood up to go see for herself. Sure enough Klaus and Caroline were both in the kitchen making breakfast. "Good morning!" They said at the same time. Audrey cocked an eyebrow at them and crossed her arms with suspicion.