Instincts

Audrey's scent drifted around the room quickly and Klaus nearly fainted. Her tempting fragrance had him on his toes. That verboten pull between the duo took a hold of every nerve in his body. He sped at her, knocking Stefan away right as he was about to sink his fangs into her. Her petite body fell into Klaus's arms delicately. He checked for a pulse, silently exclaiming when he found one. He bit into his wrist and put it to her mouth to force feed her. Warm thick blood slid down her throat slowly. Klaus held the back of her head sighing when he felt the wound start to close up. Relief spread out through his whole body and he didn't understand why. Something in his soul made him react the way he did. He tried to shake it off as he gently laid her body on the floor, but it wouldn't stop. All eyes were on him as he looked up but he ignored them. Audrey Gilbert was burrowing into him somehow and nothing terrified him more. Rebekah's heart was jumping out of her chest as she looked at her new friend. She hadn't meant to hurt her, only her sister. "Is she..?"

"She'll be fine," Klaus snapped. "Now stop acting like a spoiled brat,"

"This wouldn't have happened if she just told me where my damn necklace was!" Rebekah pointed out turning back to the doppelgänger.

"Just tell her where it is!" Klaus snapped annoyed.

"I'm telling you the truth. I don't know where it is! Katherine stole it," Elena cried still upset over her sister.

"Katerina. Of course. Well that's unfortunate. If we had the necklace it would make things a whole lot easier for your witch, but since we're doing this the hard way let's put a clock on it, shall we?" Klaus taunted walking over to the side of the gym. He turns on the scoreboard emitting a loud buzz. Once he set the clock, he sped over to Stefan and began to compel him. "Twenty minutes. If Bonnie hasn't found a solution by then, I want you to feed again. Only this time, I want you to feed on Elena. You know you want to,"

"No, Klaus! Don't do this to him!" Elena screamed.

"No one leaves. If she tries to run, fracture her spine," Klaus compelled again before letting Stefan go. He exits the room with Rebekah, leaving the once lovers alone. Elena ran over to her sister's unconscious body kneeling down to see if she was really all right. After checking her pulse and the wound on her head she sighed with relief. Her sister would be fine.

"I didn't want this life for her," Elena cried. "I didn't want it for her or for Jeremy,"

"Audrey put herself in this situation like she does with everything. She even stood in front of me the other night when Klaus realized I wasn't truly with him," Stefan said glancing down at the girl. "She's fearless in times when she shouldn't be,"

"Why do you think he did it?" Elena asked. "Klaus, I mean. He saved her life when he didn't have to,"

"Something happened between the two of them the other day. Audrey was being a smartass and I think Klaus was trying to teach her a lesson but it backfired," Stefan explained. "He was trying to make her nervous so she wouldn't be sarcastic around him but he pushed her off of him like she was fire. I think he was scared of biting her,"

"Why would he be scared of hurting her?" Elena asked with shock.

"I don't know. I asked myself the same thing, but it was obvious even when he was trying to hide it," Stefan shrugged. "No one has any idea on what goes through Klaus's head. For all we know he could have some plan he's cooking up and he needs Audrey alive for it,"

"Did...Did he do anything to her while she was with you two?" Elena asked nervously.

"No," Stefan answered. He glanced at the clock on the scoreboard and saw that it was down to 11 minutes. 11 minutes and he would kill the person he loved most.