Family Above All

Audrey sat at the hospital with Caroline and Elena. Caroline walked away to ask Dr. Fell about her dad while Elena and Audrey stayed back. "So...you and Damon," Audrey stated awkwardly.

"Are you mad?" Elena immediately asked.

"No. I'm upset about not being told directly but I couldn't care less about you and Damon making out," The younger sister sighed. "All I'm saying is don't lead him on if you still have feelings for Stefan, because sister or not I will punch you for hurting him," Elena didn't say anything else in return. As Caroline walks back to the two sisters Audrey noticed the uneasy look on her face.

"That was fast," She commented.

"Yeah, he's not here. He was already discharged. And she seems perfectly nice by the way. A little intense, maybe, but I think it's sweet, you two wanna make sure Alaric's not dating a total psycho," Caroline replied, getting out her phone to call her father.

"He's our family. We have to look out for him," Elena sighed, crossing her arms. She glanced at her sister, but Audrey didn't notice. Caroline froze and frowned. "What?"

"I hear it," She said.

"Hear what?" Audrey asked her friend.

"My dad's phone," Caroline followed the sound of the phone and it led her to the medical supply closet. Elena and Audrey followed her closely. They past a lot of shelves before finding Bill on the floor with a knife in his chest. "Dad! Dad?"

"Oh my god!" Audrey gasped.

"Don't be dead, don't be dead, don't be dead! Oh my god!" Caroline chanted over and over again. She pulled the knife out of her father's chest but he still wasn't breathing. "Daddy!" By now tears were pouring out of her eyes.

"Caroline...He has vampire blood in his system," Elena said cautiously.

"What?!" Caroline shouted right as Bill jolted awake will a loud gasp. Caroline looked back at her friends before helping her father up. After getting him into an empty room Elena and Audrey left to call Liz and find some blood bags. Audrey was just about to grab some blood bags when her phone went off.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Love, I need you to come to my house," Klaus stated quickly.

"Yeah, probably not," She sighed.

"It's an emergency-just uh please hurry," His voice sounded urgent and that worried her slightly. She was about to ask what was wrong but he hung up. She thought about what she should do and eventually opted out on going to see what Klaus needed. If he was in some kind of trouble she had to help him out. It was the least she could do considering he had saved her life a couple times now. Audrey let out a loud groaned and left the hospital without telling anyone. How would she explain that she was going to see Klaus when her best friend needed her the most?

-

When Audrey walked through the doors of Klaus's mansion, she expected complete chaos. Instead, she was greeted with calming music. She stormed into the dining room to see Klaus and Elijah casually talking with each other and immediately felt anger rise within her. "How is this an emergency?!" She screamed grabbing their attention. "Is Elijah trying to kill you or something? What was so important that I just left my best fucking friend when she needs me the most?!" Klaus smirked at her and walked over to her. "I mean seriously Klaus, you can't just call me telling me that-,"

"Shh, love," He said, cutting her off by putting his finger to her lips.

"No! You can't just call me and make it sound like your life is in danger when it's not!" She shouted crossing her arms over her chest. Klaus glanced down at her low cut blouse to see her breasts peeking out. When she noticed where he was staring she smacked his head. "Eyes up here you hybrid perv!"