Clarity

The sound of gun shots and excessive yelling woke Audrey up, when she walked downstairs she saw Matt and Jeremy on the couch playing Call of Duty. Elena walked around the kitchen preparing breakfast for everyone. She had her cellphone pinned to her ear with her shoulder, while she talked to Bonnie over the phone. Today, Audrey, Elena, Jeremy, and Matt stayed home from school since Kol still posed a threat.

"Haha got you!" Jeremy shouted to Matt as they played their game.

"Apparently I'm living in a fraternity house now," Elena said into the phone.

"I'm training," Jeremy joked.

"Me too," Matt agreed chuckling. Audrey rolled her eyes at them but made her way to the couch, sitting down beside Jeremy.

"Train yourself to do some dishes. And put these weapons away before someone tries to use one on me," Elena laughed walking back into the kitchen. Jeremy paused his game and looked at Audrey with big puppy dog eyes.

"No, I'm not doing the dishes for you," Audrey mumbled already knowing what he wanted from her.

"Please! You'd be the best big sister ever," Jeremy pleaded giving her an innocent look.

"I already am the best big sister ever. This won't work Jer, I stopped falling for that when I was 13," Audrey laughed ruffling his hair playfully. He frowned and sighed with defeat before getting up to do what Elena said to do. Matt followed. Audrey grabbed one of the controllers and resumed their game. Elena glanced at her sister before walking into the kitchen.

"There's one more thing, Audrey can't know about this. If we're going to have Jeremy kill Kol she needs to stay oblivious. She might be mad at Klaus right now, but I don't trust that she won't tell him," Elena muttered into the phone quietly. Bonnie sighed on the other end.

"I know, you're right. It just feels wrong to keep her out of it," Bonnie said. "But if it gets rid of Kol and completes the tattoo faster we have to do it,"

"Exactly," Elena said moving towards the doorway to watch her younger sister play the video game. "I'll do anything to make sure Audrey and Jeremy stay safe,"

After playing a few rounds with Matt and Jeremy, Audrey ventured up to her bedroom. She bounced a little as she landed on her soft bed. She grabbed out her phone and felt a ping of sadness hit her heart. The background picture on her phone was a photo of her and Klaus she begged him to take with her. They were laying in bed together, Audrey's head on his chest smiling happily. Klaus is looking down at her, not even paying attention to the camera. He has a soft content smile on his lips that made her heart flutter ever time she saw it. Her heart was yearning desperately for her soulmate. She wanted to drag out the anger she felt but it was impossible. Besides, the more she thought about it, the more she realized she should've told him about the hybrids sooner. Maybe she could've talked him into sparing Tyler again. She could've saved Carol. Her fingers went to her contacts and she pressed his name. She hovered over the call button before deciding against it. She wouldn't even know what to say to him right now. She sighed and laid her head on her pillow, soon sleep overtook her and she fell into a dreamless slumber.

-

While Stefan was off wooing Rebekah for the possession of the last dagger, Klaus got the pleasure of babysitting Damon. The raven haired vampire was lounging lazily on the bed in the cell while Klaus leaned against the door frame taunting him. "You know, none of this would be an issue if you'd have just done your job properly. I was perfectly willing to let you train, Jeremy," Klaus said stepping inside of the room.