Down the Rabbit Hole

"Did you eat my last poptart, asshole?!" Audrey shouted at Damon, throwing the empty box at him. "You don't even need actual food!"

"I enjoy the taste," Damon argued. Audrey rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Calm down princess, I'll buy you more," She huffed and sat down on the couch.

"You know the s'mores ones are my favorite!" She mumbled with annoyance.

"Would you two stop acting like children?" Stefan questioned with a sarcastic smile. Damon and Audrey rolled their eyes at him at the same time.

"Where did Jeremy go?" Damon suddenly asked when he realized the youngest Gilbert was nowhere to be found.

"School. Bonnie has him volunteering for some occult exhibit," Audrey answered.

"Or maybe he didn't want to linger in a house where his sister just jammed a knife in his neck," Damon replied.

"Damon! That's not funny!" Audrey said hitting him in the arm. Damon just smirked at her and shrugged. Stefan was about to chime in but his phone began to ring. He pulled it out and looked at the caller I.D.

"It's Klaus," Stefan sighed. Audrey's attention immediately snapped to Stefan. Why was Klaus calling him?

"Oooh, time to face the music. Pay the piper, dance with the devil," Damon teased.

"You know, I'm glad you find this amusing. If he finds out I told you about the cure, he'll kill both of us," Stefan scoffed.

"Wait. Klaus told you about the cure?" Audrey asked Stefan.

"Yeah," Stefan said glancing at Damon. "Did he not tell you?"

"No! I mean he told me about the cure but not that you knew or that he was working with you!" Audrey exclaimed. The phone continued to ring.

"Quit avoiding him, that means shady. Shady people get outed," Damon pointed out.

Stefan rolled his eyes but finally answered his phone. "I don't want to talk about it," he immediately said. Damon listened closely while Audrey sat quietly.

"Well I can't imagine why, what with you ruining my plans for a hybrid filled future," Klaus answered.

"Well, it wouldn't have happened, if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy," Stefan said looking at Damon who nodded.

"Well, life's full of ifs, Stefan. But let's accentuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five, we'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?" Klaus said calmly.

"You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?" Stefan asked.

"Not you, if that's what your worried about. But I am concerned about your beloved. Have the hallucinations started yet?" Klaus asked with a smirk.

"What do you know about that?" Stefan asked.

"I'll tell you. Where are you?" Klaus replied.

"I'm at her house," Stefan answered.

"How convenient, so am I," Klaus said right as there was a knock at the door. Stefan hung up the phone and made his way out the front door. Audrey looked at Damon who looked back at her.

"Little bird, don't you dare," Damon warned. Audrey sighed and leaned back into the couch. She knew she could never outrun Damon. Damon leaned back with her and slung an arm around her shoulders.