Light It Up

When Audrey walked into the Mystic Falls cemetery she immediately felt Esther's power radiating everywhere. She walked around aimlessly until she felt the power increasing as she got closer to the Salvatore tomb.

"You said you wanted to undo the evil that you created, but this...this is just as evil," Elena cried over Alaric's body.

"Alaric will never be what my children became. I have granted him enough power to complete his task. Then when the time is right, he will die," Esther explained like it was so casual.

"How if he's immortal?" Elena questioned while sniffling.

"All you need to know is that when this is over we will have rid the earth of vampires once and for all," Esther answered simply.

"Yeah, but you'll be killing the good along with the bad, you're no better than Klaus! What about my sister? You created her and now you're killing her for no reason," Elena wanted to scream but held it together.

"Am I not? I desire a world where you and your loved ones will not suffer at the hands of vampires, like your Aunt Jenna did," Esther sneered. "As for you sister. She will be unfortunate loss but sacrifices have to be made,"

"Fuck you!" Audrey shouted as she stepped out of the shadows. "Don't you dare use Jenna as an excuse for what you've done!"

"Audrey! Get out of here!" Elena screamed in panic.

"You may draw comfort in knowing that your aunt is not in the place that I was. She doesn't know the torment of the Other Side. Though made a vampire, she remained pure. She knows peace. Which is all any of us can hope for," Esther assured. Audrey walked over to Elena and crouched down on the floor with her sister. Elena immediately gripped her and pulled her into a hug. A noise outside caught Esther's attention so she slowly walked out of the tomb to be greeted by a crossbow and rifle.

"Don't move!" Matt shouted as he cocked the gun.

"Where's Elena and Audrey?" Jeremy asked. The familiar voices coming from outside the tomb drew Elena and Audrey out.

"Jeremy!" The two sisters shouted together.

"Let them go!" Jeremy growled.

"How foolish of you, to risk your lives in defense of those who will kill you. But if that is your choice," Esther raised her hands and used her powers to force Jeremy and Matt to point their weapons at each other.

"Matt! Matt drop your gun!" Jeremy shouted worriedly.

"I can't! I'm not controlling it!" Matt shouted back.

"Stop it!" Audrey screamed at Esther but the old witch ignored her. Before she could make them shoot, Alaric came up behind her and stabbed her. She fell to the ground instantly and Jeremy and Matt were given control of their bodies again.

"Oh my god! Where's my ring? Tell me what happened," Alaric said out of breath. Everyone shared a look before walking back inside the tomb and explaining to Alaric what happened. While Elena was giving Ric a play by play of what was going on Audrey's phone went off. It was Klaus calling her for the hundredth time but instead of ignoring it she answered.

"Hey," She greeted shakily.

"Are you safe?" He immediately asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. Esther's unconscious I think, I'm not totally sure. Oh, we're at the cemetery by the way," She explained nervously.