Homecoming

Everyone gathered in the living room at the Salvatore's house so they could come up with a plan. "Let's say that Mikael followed Elena here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait," Stefan suggested.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic," Damon answered.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger," Stefan sighed, clearly bored.

"Which he planned to us on Rebekah, but instead...," Elena trailed off.

"We drove it through his heart," Stefan continued for her.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Audrey questioned the group.

"Good point! You my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied," Damon pointed out.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here," Stefan scoffed, raising his hands in surrender.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof," Elena stated.

"Than I shall be dead," Mikael said as he stepped into the room. Audrey's nerves grew and she bit her nails in panic.

"Maybe, we should think this through more," She suggested innocently. Mikael turned to the human girl and cocked his head at her in confusion.

"Do you sympathize with Niklaus?" He asked in disgust.

"N-no! I just-we should-," She stuttered. Mikael was getting her flustered. "I just think we need a solid plan!"

"This is a solid plan, Audrey," Elena stated.

"Don't tell me you think you owe him anything," Damon groaned. "He saved your life once, and it was for his pleasure. You shouldn't care about him," Audrey looked down at her feet and sighed.

"Niklaus saved your life?" Mikael asked in disbelief. Audrey nodded. "He has no remorse for anything," Mikael began to think of an explanation. When the thought of Klaus actually caring for someone crossed his mind, he smirked to himself. He could use this to his advantage.

"It's whatever, let's get back to the plan," Audrey said, diverting everyone off the subject.

"So, what if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked Mikael.

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him," The Original explained.

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him," Stefan stated as he raised an eyebrow in wonder.

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned," Mikael said. He pulled out a bottle of white oak ashes from his pocket to show everyone his proof.

"Where is it?" Stefan questioned. Mikael started dipping one of his daggers into the ashes and held it up.

"Not here. The knowing of it's location is my insurance policy," He smirked.

"Against what?" Stefan asked.

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So...it falls to you," Mikael said as he handed the stake to Audrey. Her eyes widened but she took the stake from his hands.