New Deal

"Ugh! I'm going to kill that hybrid freak!" Audrey shouted to no one in particular. She was angrily making her way to Klaus's new home he was building. When it came into sight she was surprise at how large it was going to be. All of that left her mind when she thought of dead Alaric lying on her couch. She stormed through the gate blocking the driveway and all the way up to the front door. One of Klaus's hybrids tried stopping her but she pushed through the front door anyways. "Klaus!" She shouted. He appeared almost instantly.

"A phone call and now a surprise visit. You just can't stay away, can you?" He joked but Audrey was not in the mood.

"Klaus, I tried stopping her but she-," The hybrid began but Audrey cut him off.

"You can leave now, minion," She told the hybrid. "And you. Trying to kill my baby brother is crossing the line!"

"Sir-," The hybrid tried again but it was Klaus to cut him off this time.

"Leave," Klaus commanded. The hybrid nodded and did as told. "I told you I couldn't make any promises for your family's safety. Only yours,"

"Oh is that right?" Audrey asked sarcastically. "Hmm, alright. How about I just go kill one of your siblings and see how you like it! Oh wait, you already did that," Klaus frowned now.

"I know you're angry love, but do not threaten me," He growled.

"Or what? You gonna kill me?" She asked. "If that was true I'd be dead by now, I think we've already established this,"

"Darling, don't push me," Klaus said as he stepped closer to the her. Audrey tried ignoring the way her heart fluttered when he called her darling, but couldn't. Klaus smirked at her and Audrey knew it was because he could hear her heart.

"Don't make me, babe," She growled back at him, stepping closer. Their chests were touching now, but because Klaus was taller than her, Audrey had to look up at him. Both of them felt the familiar sparks rising between them but they ignored them. Well, Audrey did. Klaus was busy glancing at her lips and wondering what it would feel like to kiss them. Then that thought led to the thought of ravishing her against the wall behind her. He was going into dangerous territory with these thoughts. "What? Cat's got your tongue?"

"Sweetheart, you're messing with the wrong person today," Klaus grumbled. Audrey was becoming flustered from the way his breath hit her. They shouldn't be this close to each other, but neither of them moved away. They were being drawn to each other as if their skin had magnets on it.

"Klaus?" Mindy called out as she stepped into the room.

"What?!" Both Klaus and Audrey asked at the same time. Audrey blushed when she realized what she had done and took a step away from Klaus.

"I meant what I said," Audrey stated as she walked towards the front door. "And you really don't want to piss me off, love," Klaus watched her walk out the door with smirk. She was the most infuriating person he had come across and yet he liked it.

-

By the time Audrey had reached her house it was dark. Elena was arriving the same time as her and gave her a stern look. "Where the hell have you been?!" Elena shouted, throwing her hands up. "One minute I think you're behind me and Damon and the next you're gone! And what's with turning off your phone?!"

"Okay, don't be mad but I went to see Klaus," Audrey stated innocently.

"What?!" Elena nearly screamed.

"I went to tell him to leave us all alone!" Audrey answered. "He was being really stubborn though,"

"Why did you think negotiating with Klaus would work?" Elena asked her sister.