Chapter 34

Sorry okay? It's been hell long That I have not updated and I am really sorrt about it. My college is just eating up all my time. Lalalalala.... I am so happy. I have got a new story and I have a feeling that it will be awesome on a different level altogether.

Edwin had no doubt whatever on Athena's intentions but he was pissed of the fact that she was with a guy whom she apparently nicknamed. He saw her peacefully sleeping on his bed as clutched on the satin silk white bedsheet. Her lips curled in a soft frown as she lashes highlighted on her cheel bones. She is beautiful!
Suddenly she moaned in pain as her hands came upto her head. He immediately ran by her side and he realized that this is the first time Athena has come to his bedroom.
Her eyes shot open and turned round when she saw Edwin.
She looked down at his hand that was touching her softly in concern.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
"Where am I? And... What happened?" she asked as she checked on her clothes if she still wearing them.
"My bedroom. And many things happened Athena but you better not leave the bed without this pill and eating this." he pointed out dominantly, the plate which had toast amd juice along with a pill.
"It's 2 am and.."
"Doesn't matter."
"I am not in the mood to eat right now."
"I am not in the mood to argue right now."
"Fine by me." Athena shrugged off as she got up and started walking near the door.
"You're not leaving right now. You have a lot of questions to answer."
"I am not in the mood to justify my any drunk moment." Athena said sharply as she turned flipping her hair.
"Eating a toast and a pill and taking some rest right now is too much to ask from you?" he asked as their eyes met.
She knew that trick of his. Looking straight into the eyes and ordering something which is only for good.
She closed her eyes as she sat back on the bed which was surprisingly hard.
"How do you sleep on this bed?" she asked as she picked up a toast.
He looked at her all the time as he sat in front of her on the rocking chair.
"I like hard bed."
"I like it soft. Though the kind of bed you had in the previous apartment of yours was so better than this one." she said with a mouthful. Just for her comfort, she sat on the bed folding her legs which made her skirt ride up amd making it totally a seen which Edwin would enjoy but Athena grabbed the bedsheet and spreading on her lap covering it all.
Edwin narrowed his eyes at her action.
"I'll change it."
"Oh no thanks, it's your bed. You sleep on it. So,"
"I think I can do with a change in my life."
Athena smiled weakly as she asked a question she always wanted to. "Change? As in even change your feelings?" she asked eyeing the toast.
"Feelings don't change even if you try to." he said with her eyes still on her.
After a minute of silence, she spoke. "You don't need to stay awake anyways. I'll sleep in other room and you can sleep then."
"I am not sleepy."
"Your eyes are red and puffy, Edwin. You need to sleep." she said as she rested her feet to step down the bed. She smiled to herself when she started walking towards the door thinking how his bedroom is totally like him. Neutral, black and white and royal creme color. Then again, this palace was long built by his ancestors.
"Athena, you can sleep here. I am not sleeping anyways." a voice stopped her.
"I can? Only if you sleep with me." she asked without turning around to see him. In this room of comforting silence, she heard his sigh and felt him running his hand through his hair.
"You're drunk right now and I don't want you to regret tomorrow morning." he answered finally.
"Just shut up and get into the bed. We're just going to sleep and not have sex." Athena said angrily as she turned and faced him with arms crossed.
The stare war went for a while until Athena realized that he has already crossed the distance and is incredibly close to him.
"I am gonna kiss you,Okay?" he whispered.
She nodded absentmindedly, as her breathing shaked a bit.
As and when his lips touched her, it seemed like the world is beautiful again and the world is just so small. It seemed like she can breath fresh air again. Her lips are fuller now. Her eyes can see more than it can ever see. Everything turned pretty again. For that moment, she just stood there numbly but when she sensed Edwin's lips on her lips, she kissed him back for all the times she wished to kiss him all this time.
When they parted their lips from each other, their heavy breaths filled the silence of the room and they found themselves craving for more. Athena was drunk but not Edwin, he very well knew that what next will happen.
"We can't. So just sleep here I am going to be next door if you need anything." Edwin murmured as he moved away and that was when Athena's anger rocketed.
"Oh you sleep here only with your the ladies you have never lied to and not me, right? Because it's me, you know this clingy, short tempered, stubborn and dumb head! Had it been some sexy 6 foot tall with long sexy legs and prettier than me, she would have already been to your bed having sex with you." she was yelling on the top of her voice by the end she completed her little speech.
On the other hand, Edwin was used to her loud pitch voice and stood there controlling his anger within himself.
"You're just a sick bastard and you know nothing but.. But to drink my blood. What should I do to get you back? And why should I do anything in the first place to win you back? You, you're suppose to fight for me after the big lie." Athena continued. While the alcohol still had it's effect on her body, Edwin suspected that she has some mood swings right now and he should not be angry.
Calm yourself! Just calm down! Edwin chanted to himself.
"Athena, you need to sleep. You're still drunk. We are going to have a talk tomorrow morning. You might as well save some energy for it." Edwin said as he picked her up in bridal style till his bed.
"You think I am drunk?" Athena asked with a soft voice as her tears flew down.
"No. Still you need to sleep. Now." he said as he eyed the skirt which was exposing her inners now. His eyes stuck there for a minute till Athena sobbed softly.
"Why will you not.. sleep with me? Am I no longer.. beautiful to you?" she asked with her voice trembling.
Edwin closed his voice and bent down as his breath touched Athena's skin, she inhaled sharply.
He undressed her while his eyes never leaved his eyes. Pushing T-shirt over his head, he dressed Athena in his T-shirt.
As he slipped in the cover, he pulled her closer in his arms and slept.
Athena smiled in his chest and sniffed him.
The next morning was disastrous for her as well as for him. Athena shifted her arm and that woke Edwin as well as Athena. As their eyes opened, Edwin's turned into adoration while Athena's rounded in shock.
Am I dreaming...again?
"What are you doing here?" she asked as her grip on the bedsheet
"You were drunk, a guy called me and I came and here we are in my bed." Edwin murmured. Though he skipped the part where they kissed, he knew that soon she will remember everything.
"Did we... Um.. I mean.." she asked as her cheeke heated and she looked down at the bedsheet.
"No, we did not. We need to talk, so once you get ready come downstairs. I'll be there." with that he left the bed and strolled out of the room.
We need to talk!- that is one hell of a scary statement. What does he want to talk about? She thought as got out of the bed and started walking towards the bathroom. She realized that all she is wearing is a man's T- shirt.
Her eyes rounded as she looked at tge mirror. She sniffed the T-shirt just to confirm that it's Edwin's. By now, she was beet red and she kept staring at her ruined face. Eyeliner smudges all over her under eyes; her hair, a mess of tangled untamed threads.
"What did I do last night?" she asked herself and then she started revising what she remembered.
I ate toast, I had some chat with Edwin and I was angry and then... Did we... Oh-uh! So I did get a kiss from him. She blushed at the memory.