Chapter 3

"Yeah" we started following the paw prints until they vanished "only thing that could have happened is she took to the sky" I said. I thought a minute "head back to the clubhouse maybe she's hiding" I thought that maybe if I was alone she would show herself.

Heather uncertainly left me and I carried on looking for Shadow. Not even ten minutes later Hiccup ran into me "sorry" he said helping me back up. I brushed the dirt off me and was knocked down again "Shadow, hey there you are" I giggled.

"I thought you said she wasn't a rare species, she's a night fury" Hiccup sounded confused. "Yeah, night fury, the whole nest are night furies" I answered once Shadow had stopped licking my face. "I can show you the nest if you like" I offered.

We flew back to the clubhouse and when we landed everyone looked shocked "is that...?" Fishlegs started to ask before Hiccup answered "night fury, yeah, turns out Toothless isn't the last of his kind after all" I couldn't believe they thought night furies were rare.

Once it was dark and everyone had gone to their huts I asked again "would you like me to show you the nest?" Hiccup looked up from Toothless "really, you'd take us to the nest?"

"Not all of you, there's a few in our nest who don't particularly get on with other species of dragons, it's best if it's just us two, Shadow and Toothless" I answered. I hated that he would have to leave his friends but I thought he would love to see the nest.

"Yeah, I'll leave a note to let them know not to expect me back soon" I nodded and started getting Shadow ready to take off. Hiccup returned "I haven't said where but I left a note stuck to Heather's door" he climbed onto Toothless' back and we took off.