Chapter 4

We had been flying for about two hours meaning we would be at the nest soon enough "nearly there!" I shouted over to Hiccup. He followed me carefully through the cave system until finally we reached the open cave. We both jumped off our dragons backs and they went off to play.

"Follow me" I said holding out my hand. He took my hand and I led him to where the dragons lay their eggs. I pointed to one of the eggs which had started hatching "see, we're all night furies here" I smiled.

Hiccup POV

I looked to where Astrid was pointing to see a dragon egg hatching "see we're all night furies here" I looked over to her and she was smiling. She looked right at home, but she had lived with them for eight years.

"Thank you Astrid" I smiled back. She looked confused "for trusting me and showing all this to me" she brushed it off "it's nothing, besides you welcomed me to your home so now I'm showing you mine" she answered. We heard a crash and I instantly started to worry.

"Don't worry about it, that's just Klutzy, he's not exactly very good with his balance or coordination" she laughed. I noticed one of the teen dragons had fallen over and knocked a few things over "him by any chance?" I pointed at the dragon who was now on his back.

"Yeah, hey he's knocked over all my stuff again" she walked over and picked up her belongings before helping the fallen dragon back to his feet. A few more dragons flew in through the entrance "looks like they've been out hunting" Astrid said noticing what I was staring at.