Chapter 18

Astrid PoV

I had just been told their entire plan, all I needed now was a way off the island so I could tell the gang. One of the guards came running over "Viggo, it's the dragon riders" he panted. Viggo calmly looked at Ryker "I'm sure you can deal with them Ryker, just let them know they aren't welcome" and Ryker left.

I could only assume the gang had followed Shadow and were causing a distraction for me. "So, Freya, Dagur, what do you think, are you in?" I could see Dagur from the corner of my eye contemplating "I'm in" I said before Dagur added "as long as I can have the night fury" and laughed his insane laugh which freaked me out.

"My only condition is that I can cone and go from the island without question" I said. Viggo agreed and I walked away, across the path and then, once I was out of sight, into the forests. I hoped that Hiccup was still around but I couldn't see him "Hiccup? Shadow? Toothless?" I tried calling for them without being too loud.

Next thing I knew Shadow had knocked me down and was licking my face "hey girl, it's good to see you too, where's Hiccup gone?" I asked laughing a little. She flipped me into the air and caught me on her back before running. She carried me until I could see Hiccup "wait here girl" I whispered before pulling my hood back up.

I strolled up to the guards "Viggo wants me to take this one" I said calmly and waited for a few seconds "you don't want to keep him waiting do you?" They quickly handed Hiccup over and he walked with me. As soon as we were out of sight I pulled my hood down "thanks for coming, I know if you saw anything it probably looks bad but I can explain" I said as I untied him. "Okay so, explain because I really don't understand"

"Long story short I convinced them I was in their side so I could get information which I'll give to you and the gang when we're back on the edge" we both flew back to the edge "so exactly what were you doing on the dragon hunters island?" Heather asked suspiciously.