Chapter 20

Hiccup PoV

We sent the last of the ships away and headed back to Astrid to see if there were any stragglers around. We saw one and Heather took him while the rest of us split up to find out where Astrid had gone.

I was stopped by Tuffnut "did you know the hunters have a night fury on their ship? Because they do" Ruffnut slapped him round the head "of course he knows that, nothing happens on the island without him finding out duh" they erupted into a fight which I had to attempt to stop.

"Tuff, did you say the hunters have a night fury?" I asked as they both stopped mid fight "I think I did" he replied. I rolled my eyes "come on then we gotta free Shadow, and they probably have Astrid" we followed Tuffnut's directions to where he saw the ship and surely enough there was a night fury, specifically Shadow.

"Toothless, ready to try out the locked tail?" I whispered locking his tail into place. The gang distracted the hunters long enough for Toothless to get close enough to the ships for me to jump on. Toothless rejoined the others and I tried to find Astrid.

I saw an open cage door and walked over to it only to be attacked by Astrid "Hiccup? I thought you were one of the guards" she laughed helping me up "I'm definitely not one of the guards and you definitely don't need saving" I replied as we walked to where they were keeping Shadow. "How did you even get here? Where's Toothless?" She asked curiously.

"Up there" I said pointing to where Toothless was blasting at the ship "and they're being a distraction so we probably have about twenty seconds to get Shadow before they realise you're not in your cage" I attempted to open Shadow's cage and failed. "Stay on watch, I got this" Astrid said so I stayed watch.

She had the cage open in seconds "how did you?" I started to ask before Astrid pulled me onto Shadow's back and took off heading back to the edge shortly followed by the rest of the gang and Toothless.