Chapter 8

Astrid PoV

I saw Toothless and Hiccup getting shot out of the sky. Shadow caught Hiccup and they flew away leaving Toothless to crash land on the ship. I couldn't understand why they had left "looks like Hiccup can't save his precious dragon" one of them said

"Dagur, shut up" someone else yelled. Dagur walked over to me and Toothless who was now wrapping himself around me protectively. He looked at us "why did Hiccup leave you with us?" He asked.

Hiccup PoV

"I have to go back, Astrid and Toothless are in danger, I'm not leaving them" Heather wasn't too keen on helping Astrid but once I mentioned Toothless was stuck there as well.

"Fine, only because Toothless is one of us" she finally gave in knowing I was going back with or without her. We all got on our dragons and I let Shadow lead the way carrying me on her back. Within an hour we had found the ship "guys, down there, anyone got a plan?"

Astrid PoV

It felt as though we had been trapped for hours when I could hear something from the upper deck. Then screaming, then finally Shadow knocking down the doors to get to me. "Hey girl, good to see you" I smiled she purred in response "yeah now you need to find a way to get me out this prison"

"Any chance you have something I can use to pick the lock?" I asked Hiccup who handed me a small knife "would that help?" I took the knife and started attacking the lock until it opened. "We should probably get out of here" Hiccup climbed on Toothless' back and I climbed onto Shadow's back and we flew up to meet with the rest of the gang.

"What happened down there?" Hiccup asked
"Well, Fishlegs was nearly shot down, Snotlout nearly died and the twins nearly blew the ship up with you guys on it" Heather answered. We flew back to The Edge "Hiccup, maybe I shouldn't stay, I think I should leave The Edge"

"No, ignore Heather, she doesn't particularly enjoy meeting new people" Hiccup said looking at me with his emerald eyes. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was falling for Hiccup. He turned around when someone called him and without thinking I flew off with Shadow.

We headed back to the nest and by the time we got there it was late "we should get some rest" I yawned trying to not think about what had happened. I lay down and instantly fell asleep.