Chapter 9

I woke up when I heard someone walking through the nest. The person stopped just behind me and put their hand on my shoulder. I reacted without thinking and had the person pinned with my axe pointing in their general direction. "Astrid please don't kill me it's Hiccup"

Still half asleep but realising that it actually was Hiccup I helped him back to his feet "don't ever wake me up like that again" I dropped my axe off by the entrance to what was my room. "I'm getting changed just stay here and don't wake the dragons" I said going into my room to find some clothes.

I grabbed my red armour top, my black hood and my black pants. Next I pulled on my boots and gauntlets and put on the red holsters which I then proceeded to fill with two screaming death spines and finally I grabbed the largest spine and put it in the holster on my back. (Like in the picture at the top) I went back to Hiccup who was playing with some of the baby dragons. "Nice outfit where are we going?" He asked when he saw me.

"Actually you are going back to Heather I am going to a nearby town to get some things" I answered as I put Shadow's saddle on. Hiccup stood up "no, you are not going alone" he insisted. I rolled my eyes "okay but you have to do everything I say" he nodded at my condition.

We were in the sky when a single thought popped into my head "does Heather know you're here?"
"We, we had an argument and I left" he replied. Not what I was expecting to hear "so you're avoiding her" I summed up for him as we landed on an island.

"I suppose I am yeah" he paused "where did you get those screaming death spines?" He asked unable to hold the question any longer. I laughed "put it this way never irritate her, she will shoot at you" I could see Hiccup looking at me as if I had gone mad.

He carried on following me through the forest we had landed in until I stopped "dragons stay here" I said signalling for Shadow to stay put. She sat and Toothless copied "they won't be seen here and we can find them easily enough when we leave" I explained.

"Here take this" I said handing him one of the smaller spines "if they ask you killed for it" I warned. I was familiar with these particular people so when Hiccup asked why he had to lie I explained "they didn't like dragons or people who do like dragons but they make some of the best weapons I have come across" I stopped outside the blacksmith. "Just, stay here, the blacksmith doesn't exactly take kindly to strangers" I said before entering.

"Astrid, how nice to see you dear, the usual?" He asked
"Yeah and my axe could do with sharpening" I answered passing him my axe. He took my axe into the back to be sharpened by his apprentice and he came back with two daggers. He used the leather I liked which was red in colour to wrap the handles before giving them to me.

"Thank you here's your gold" I said passing him enough gold to pay for the daggers and the axe sharpening. He took the gold just as his apprentice came back with my axe "there you go, pleasure doing business with you" the blacksmith smiled.

I left to find Hiccup in trouble. I rolled my eyes and walked up to Hiccup and the rather large guy fighting him, well more like attacking him. "STOP IT!" I shouted as loudly as I could, I heard gasps and the large guy stopped dead in his tracks after putting Hiccup down "he's with me, we're leaving" I said grabbing Hiccup and heading to where we had left the dragons.