Chapter 28

Hiccup POV

We had crash landed on an island and nobody knew where we were. Barf and Belch were missing and Toothless had a ripped tail fin. "Great, now we need to find something to repair this with" I sighed after inspecting the tail.

"Hiccup, I think I heard something over there" Tuffnut whispered. I listened carefully and heard something, it sounded like people. Unfortunately it wasn't who we were after. "Brother, we've lost the two girls and their dragons" it was Ryker.

"They were here but they've escaped, but where would they go?" I asked myself whilst pacing quietly. Ruffnut climbed down from the tree that she had landed in "dragon hunters are just past those bushes" she whispered. I was surprised that they understood how much trouble we were in.

"Now usually I would be all for running in there without a plan but were only have one dragon between the three of us and he doesn't blast like Barf and Belch so, what's the plan?" Tuffnut asked. The truth was I didn't have a plan, but I was going to come up with one.

"Hiccup? Hello Hiccup? You still in there?" Tuffnut asked as he waved his arms around "yeah, I'm just, thinking" I replied. I needed a distraction so I could grab some supplies to fix Toothless' tail. "Okay, Ruff, I need you to distract as many guards as you can, get them to chase you or something, Tuff, you'll need to get the attention of anyone who doesn't go for Ruff, I just need enough time to grab some things then we'll meet in that cave over there, make sure they don't follow you in there"

"I'm on it" Ruffnut said as she ran to distract as many people as she could. Once she was running and there were only a few guards left Tuffnut ran and poked a guard "bet you can't catch me" he laughed before being chased by the remaining guards. Then it was my turn, I ran to the forge and grabbed everything I would need to fix the tail and ran back to the cave.

I started fixing parts and putting things together when Ruffnut quietly entered the cave. "Tuff's got just one more guard to lose before he gets back" she whispered. It wasn't long before Tuffnut ran through the entrance panting "man those guys know how to run" he managed to say between breaths.