Chapter 17: Dark Night

The next day.

Laurance's P.O.V.

I woken up from my old horrible room. The dried blood still stained on the wall. The old closet that held all the weapons I use to kill and take lives of innocent citizens.  I feel so horrible that I couldn't face anyone at all. I never wanted to be here, I want to die. I wanted to die so badly that I tried to kill myself but I didn't have the confidence to do that. I didn't need anything in my world, nothing. Shadow Thieves are not suppose to care the loved ones, just nothing inside. Your feelings getting in the way that will make your loved ones to see what you're made of. And... I didn't know why I chose this way. The truth is that..... I suffered through my life because they ended me and brought me back to life as immortal. I never want to tell my friends nor anyone. I.... never knew this could end like this. There's one reason that I wanted to work at Phoenix Drop Hospital and no one knows about it. The reason I worked there is that-

I heard the door banged open as I looked up to see Zenix with an evil grin. His eyes are filled with rage, his teeth are as a knife, his skin pale as a dead corpse. I never knew he could be that scary. He picked up the chains and pulled me up from the floor. Hard. I forcefully stood up but my legs feel so numb.

"Rise and shine, bastard, we got some work ahead of us," he said as he dragged me out of the room. We kepted walking in the corridor, full of blood stained walls. We reached Gene's office as Zenix lead me inside to see Gene sitting, in front of his desk is a stack of knives and guns. I gulped silently and walked up to his desk. I glared at him only to find him smirking. He stood up with the knife and walked towards me.

"Tell me, Laurance, is there something you need to say before I let you go freely," he said. Wait, I could be free from them?

"Yeah, I got something to say....." he waited for my response and I smirked, "kiss my ass," I said.

His face turn red from his anger but kepted his cool. He turn away and I heard him chuckled.

"Hehehe.... you have no idea what's going on, right? Well... this is about to happen," said Gene. Before I could answer, I felt sharp pain on my hip. I looked down to find crimson red stained on my clothes, the knife, and Gene's hand. I looked back up to see dark eyes upon me, Gene grinning evil as he comes closer to my ear.

"You may be immortal but I'm getting rid of your immortality, your shadow form, and your life. You will never ever be brought to life.... ever," he whispered and I could imagine him smiling like a creep. I felt the knife pulled out and fell to the ground. I groaned and breath heavily as I tired to contain myself but I felt like something came out of my wound. I closed my eyes and darkness fell over. Everything is dark, cold, alone, and scared. Then I saw red light looking down at me as it grabbed my wrist and I gasped from the grip. I looked to see myself but in a shadow form. It's red eyes glowing like the color of the blood. The smile carved as a Jack-O-Lantern and wearing the same armor that I use to wore.

 The smile carved as a Jack-O-Lantern and wearing the same armor that I use to wore