Chapter 6

Author's Note

Listen to Runaway With Me by Carly Rae Jepsen

JULIA WILSON

"Just take the picture!" we all smiled at the cameras flashing in front of us.

Max put his arm around me, "I can't believe this girl. We're finally graduating!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.

More flashes took place in front of us. We were standing on the very stage because our parents wanted to take pictures before the event. Yup, my accountancy years paid off and now I'm graduating.

The event masters asked us to form a line at the back with our parents for the grand entrance. Mom and Tyler were there to accompany me. All of us alphabetically lined up with our parents for our entrance. Mom was on my right side, while Tyler was on the other. We walked happily and freely until we reached our seats

I'm graduating as a Dean's lister, if you might ask. So yeah, basically I'm graduating with colors.

I fixed my toga and my hat before walking to my respective seat. We all stood there while waiting for the guest speaker or whoever is invited to speak in front.

The event masters asked us to sit so we did. There were a lot of blahs about surviving college and taking over the world with our alma mater. Most of us weren't clearly paying attention and busy taking selfies or whatnot. A helpmate handed us drinks while listening to the ceremonies.

The event master whooped, "Let us all welcome, our guest speaker, Ferdinand Alexander Marcos the third!"

With that remark, I spat the entire Mountain Dew in front of me and started to choke-cough. What is he doing here?

Xander, Max, Charlotte and Esther exchanged looks with confusion. I started choking louder earning few looks from my batch mates.

The girl beside me asked if I was okay and I told her off. Claps erupted from the audience while he stood up at the very podium and started speaking.

*

"And now, we're going to the Dean listers," the event master opened a card and started reading our names alphabetically. I, being the last, have to wait.

"Wilson, Julianna Marie!" as if on cue, my mom dragged me up the stage to face my rewards and my guy.

My mom shook hands with all of them and I did the same, but leaving him behind.

"Okay mom, picture!" Tyler yelled while fixing the lens

I held the frame in front of me and smiled widely. My mom was on my right side smiling like me. Tyler was about to take the picture when I felt a figure on the other side. I opted not to look at him. Yes, him! It was obvious that it was him because of the 'Aww's that echoed from the crowd.

"1..2..3!" before the flash erupted, I felt his hand snaked on my waist

I literally had goosebumps and butterflies in my body.

He is so lucky that I like him.

*

It was 12 am already and I was still awake. Most of the visitors went home earlier after congratulating me. By now, I think the maids are the only ones who're awake.

I grabbed the remote and started flicking through channels while eating Oreos.

Halfway through Pretty Little Liars, I heard shuffling coming from my window. I stood up, grabbed my bat and walked to whatever was making that sound.