Chapter 28

JULIA WILSON

I fixed my glasses before sipping a cup of coffee that was placed in front of my laptop. I took out a pen and started to scribble some ideas for the upcoming fashion show. When I was designing the sequins, my secretary walked in on me giving me a frustrated look.

I shot up an eyebrow, "What's up?" I told her.

She fixed the piled up folders on her right arm before answering me, "There's a woman outside who demands to see you. Might I add that she's causing a scandal," she told me.

I gave her a disapproving look before answering, "What's her name?"

She sighed, "Curie Whittemore."

I placed both hands on my forehead and rubbed it, "Just let her in."

She placed her hand over her waist and started to snap, "NO. CAN. DO. She's creating trouble outside and you want to harbor her libelous and scandalous ass inside? Come on, that's not the Julia Wilson I know," she clapped dramatically.

"Just let her in, Monica," I told her.

She raised her hands up in defense and walked out. Get ready for the hell, Julia.

My double glass doors opened widely and was followed by the most dramatic entrance for a woman. Damn!

"You!" her petite body towered over me as she stood in front of my desk, "Stay away from Sandro! Get it?" she snapped in front of me.

I took my glasses off as I upwardly eye her, "Come on, hearing from you is one thing and you walking in on my office with your war freak attitude is too. What do you really want?" I stood up and sat on my desk, now facing her.

"Go fight me then, like what you did with Maggie," she puts up her fists.

Now what?

"I really don't understand anything you just said. With a name and degree like mine, I think I best behave," I told her in a matter-of-fact tone.

She puts her fist down, "Loose the goody two shoes and fight me," she half-yelled.

I clicked my tongue, "I'd rather not, like I said, I best behave," I crossed my arms over my chest.

She spat, "Whatever you do, stay away from Sandro! Get a life, will ya?"

"I will, don't worry. After the devil leaves this abode of mine, I will go back to my life. What about you? Where's your life, by the way?" I asked her like a tv show host.

"Back home. In bed. Because we just had sex last night. Like one really hard. Just so you know," she replied with a cocky attitude.

"And your point is?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at her, "I'll tell you what, get the hell out of my office and please bring your malevolent attitude issues with you. Don't let the door hit your tail, honey, bye!" I waved her off.

She picked her Channel bag and walked out without a word.

Life lesson, don't let anyone get to your bones, and if they do, just leave it. They're not worth your time.

I went back to my chair and continued what I was doing.

It was already past noon when I finished my work.

I wrapped up my stuffs and walked out of my office towards my car. When I got in, I placed my stuffs at the passenger seat, slipped in the keys and hit the gas.

I can't miss dinner tonight!

And no, I won't get myself into an accident again.

I stopped in front of a red light and waited impatiently. Rain was dispersed on my window view.