Chapter 18

Author's Note

Listen to I Know You - Skylar Grey from fifty shades lmao.

Get ready for chest pains in 3.. 2.. 1..

SANDRO MARCOS

We were both rushed in the hospital after the incident. I remembered most of it, rest, not.

-

I followed her until she was rushed inside the ER. I was impatiently waiting outside. I decided to eavesdrop so I opened the curtains out of curiosity.

"We're losing her. Check vitals now."

"Negative responses."

"Give me an oxygen mask. Check her vitals quickly."

"We need to suture the lacerations."

"There are glass fragments lodged near her right shoulder. We need to perform an operation ASAP!"

"Doctor, she might not make it, she's not responding. Her vitals are going down. We will lose her!"

The last sentence caused chaos inside the room, also in my heart.

Please no.

I lost her once.. I can't lose her again.

I closed my eyes and said a simple prayer.

"I know that I'm not the most religious guy in this world but I do know you're hearing me out. That woman inside that room is my life. And if she's not okay or breathing, then I'd be too. Please God, I know a lot of people need you the most right now but I do hope you hear me out and grant this. Please, take me instead, not her, please."

I was in tears when I ended my short prayer. I wiped it off and somehow, my worries disappeared. A nurse approached me and led me to a room for treatment.

-

I woke up in a bed and saw my family and her's gathered around me. Her mom was pacing back and forth while her brother stayed calm even though his nerves say otherwise.

"Where, what?" I mumbled.

It took the attention of my mom and dad. They went to my side and bombed me with questions.

"What happened to her?" was all that I said because of their shouts.

Her mom broke down and sobbed louder, her dad was comforting her while Tyler walked out of the room. My parents stayed quiet.

"She might not make it. They've been operating for 5 hours. She's critical. She hasn't responded yet," Tito Nicholas answered.

As if on cue, my world shattered into pieces. I know she will make it, but I'm losing faith. They've been operating for hours.

"I need to see her," I stood up.

"You can't, they're still operating. We'll wait for the results. Just.. just try to keep it all in," mom exclaimed.

"I can't calm down," I sat down and tears brimmed out of my eyes.

"I asked her to be mine and she said yes. If something bad's gonna happen to her, I'm the one to blame. My life, my world and my fiancée is dying and you're telling me to calm down!?" I wiped my tears.

"I know it's hard for all of us, but shouting won't do anything," Tita Teresa shouted.

Silence took over and it dissipated when the door opened, revealing a doctor, "Are you here for Julianna Wilson?" she asked us.

We all nodded while she took her mask and gloves off.

"She's stable now, we removed all the foreign body inside her. She's breathing and her vitals are fine, but she's not yet responding, the ampoule didn't work. She's in a coma. She needs blood, so um, any family members who has an O type blood?" she asked.

"I do, I'm willing to donate, doc. Take everything if you have to," Tito Nicholas stood up as he says.

"Well, come with me sir. She's in the ICU, nurses will take shift checking her every 2 hours. All you can do now is wait and pray for her," she smiled then went out followed by Tito Nicholas.

Her mom stood up and ran outside, probably going to her room.

"Let's go, I wanna see her," I told them.

They nodded and walked behind me. When we reached the ICU, I opened the door and felt heartbroken with what I saw. Tubes and cannulas were connected to her body. She looked so lifeless.

It was my fault!

A nurse handed all of us a mask before letting us go near her. She looked so pale. Her skin was covered in bruises. Her red lips have a tube plastered beside it. Her hands were affixed with the tubes connected to the dextrose. A breathing machine with a monitor neared her. Her mom was beside her crying.

I pity her! I was supposed to be the one laying on that very bed, but look, she is suffering because of me. If only I didn't let her drive.

Fuck, I hate myself.

I took a stool underneath the bed and sat on the other side. I took her hand; it was so lifeless yet cold. I drew circles on her thumb and kissed every finger after.

"Wake up soon, okay?" I mumbled at her hand, my voice breaking.

"Please Julia, we're just about to start again, please, please stay, don't leave me alone, please, I can't live without you, you're my world, you're my everything, you're the only one who understands my humor and shits. Please babe I can't lose you. I love you Julia, I love you the moon and back, I'll wait for you babe, I love you," with that, I broke down, crying out the pain in my chest, but it's no use. This hurts more than being stabbed in the heart.

I can't do this. I can't look at her while she's suffering because of me.

I sniffed, "I love you Julia, I'll never let go, I promise," I held her hand and kissed it gently.

I walked out of the room and was met by a punch from his brother. I earned that.

"WHY DID YOU LET THAT HAPPEN TO HER?" he spoke through his gritted teeth.

He was stopped by the nurses from possibly attacking me, "Sana ako na lang yung nandoon?" I spoke up.

"IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU. YOU'RE A WORTHLESS BOYFRIEND. SHE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU," with that, he walked out.

I walked towards the chapel after that. I sat on one of the pew and knelt down after.

"Thank you God for keeping her alive. I know that it was supposed to be me. I hate myself for what happened. Please wake her up. I want her back safely. Guide her back to my arms," I closed my eyes.

After some alone time with God, I went out and walked towards her room.

Everyone were out talking with the doctors about her condition, I went inside and was met by an older nurse.

I sat beside Julianna while she performed all her duties.

"Miss, will she make it?" I asked her.

She looked at me from her clipboard, "She's fighting. 60% chance that she will make it. Pero just pray na lang," she changed the oxygen bag before walking out.

"I know you will make it. Please wake up, good morning babe. You're a fighter! I won't lose my faith again. I will fight this with you, I will be beside you. All you need to do is wake up! I need you to fight with me, babe, please."