Chapter 35

Author's Note

Listen to Fun - Troye Sivan for this chapter.

JULIA WILSON

(4 years later)

I examined all the canned goods down the aisle as I pushed our cart. I tiptoed to get the goods and threw it to my cart playfully. I continued scanning while strolling down the aisle until another cart collided with mine. I looked at the person who bumped me and his eyes met mine.

What the actual hell?

Calm down Julia, it's been like 4 years.

"Oh hi, sorry I didn't see you there!" he said.

"Yeah, don't worry about it, I'm fine!" I told him, trying to enlighten the awkward vibe.

"Glad to hear that!" he scratched the back of his neck and smiled.

I smiled back. Goddamit, move your cart Julia. Go! Run away from him!

"Um, are you free tonight?" he asked shyly.

Before I could even answer, I got cut off by someone tugging my sleeves. I bent down and looked at my little miracle, "Mwommy, Stars or Cap'n Crunch?" he asked while showing me the boxes of flakes.

I messed his hair before carrying him and placing him on my hip, "We can get both!" he smiled at me and placed the boxes in our cart.

I looked at Sandro who was glancing at me and Lucas, "Uh hey, Earth to Sandro!?" I snapped.

"I didn't know you had—" he pointed at Lucas confusedly.

"Yeah, I was bearing a child through all the mayhem that happened," I cackled and placed Lucas on the kiddie chair that was inside the cart.

"Oh yeah, I guess, about the offer, is it a yes or no?" he asked.

Wow! He's persistent! I thought that after seeing me and Lucas, he would vamoose, but boy was I wrong.

I thought of it for a moment, "Uh, yeah I guess?" I replied and the silence took over again.

Lucas decided to break it, "Mwommy, is he my dad?" he asked with a happy expression painted over his face.

I looked down at him, "No baby, he's not your dad?" I answered him with a kiss on the cheek

His face fell down. I knew it! He's disappointed. Oh Lucas, if only you'd knew how great your father is and if only he'd live to tell you that.

Sandro's laughs erupted as he walked towards us, "But I can be your dad!" he hugged Lucas.

I know it's hard for a kid to grow without a father figure especially since he's a boy, but I don't think that this is a great idea, since the Hontiveros and Marcos loath each other. Gee, I wish life would be fairer and less complicated.

I interrupted their 'buddy bond', as I call it, "We really have to be going now," I pry him off.

He was taken aback by my sudden gestured, but walked back to his cart, "Yeah, I guess, I'll see you later. I'll just call your assistant for your number since you are in a hurry," he smiled, I nodded.

"Noted! We'll be going, bye!" I hurriedly pushed our cart towards a cashier.

That was very unusual!

-

I pranced around my room in desperate search for my sneakers. Where the hell is it? When I found it, I wore it quickly and ran downstairs. Monica was carrying Lucas, "Go have a fun night!" she gave me a good luck kiss on the cheeks