Chapter 7

JULIA WILSON

She welcomed us with a smile and hugged me. This feeling of acceptance that I got from her made me overwhelmed. She is my idol after all.

"Pasok kayo, ikaw rin iha. Marami akong ikukwento sayo," she said in a cheerful monotone.

ASHGFDABVKJ I can't even, this is too much for me to take.

She clung onto my arm and went inside. I winked at Sandro who was behind me. He was smiling at me.

"Um, Mrs. Imeld—" I began but she cut me off.

"Iha, okay na yung Mama Meldy," she ordered.

I smiled at her in return, "Mama Meldy, saan po tayo pupunta?" I asked her.

She pointed at the long hallways in front of us, "I'll tour you, iha," she said with a smile.

I smiled at her again. These Marcoses will never stop making me smile.

We strolled at every hallway as she said facts about the frames, pictures and the statues. She even showed me a baby pic of Sandro. I laughed at the cuteness and dorkiness of the kid who was saluting at the camera. Mama Meldy will occasionally throw fun facts whenever she showed a pic of Sandro.

"And this, iha," she handed me a frame that has a pic of Sandro who was wearing a jacket along with his brothers, "Was taken back in London. Mga totoy days nila yan iha," she made me laugh.

The thing is, Mama Meldy and Sandro have one thing in common and that is: they're both humorous. Anyone can warm up to them easily because of the jokes and simple things they do.

She grabbed another frame while I snapped a pic of every frame I'm clutching on my hands. She looked at me and smiled, "Iha, you need help?" she asked.

"Hindi po, I'm fine po," I told her.

She walked towards a big cabinet and pulled one of the drawers. She held out a brown photo album and closed the drawer once it's out. I busied myself by laughing at Sandro's baby pics.

"Iha, here," She handed me the photo album, "iniipon ko kasi dati yung mga baby pics ni Sandro, and now, gusto kong ibigay siya sayo," she handed me the album.

I put all those frames away, "Wag na po, okay na po sakin yung pipicturan lang. Saka mama Meldy, saying po yang inipon niyong pics!" I told her.

She breathe before speaking, "Iha, I saved these pictures for a girl like you! Unang kita ko pa lang sa pintuan sa'yo, I immediately know na ikaw na talaga eh. So take this."

Wow, she gave a deeper definition of a photo album that consisted fetus Sandro pics...

Without saying anything, I took the album from her hands. I was speechless, I don't know what to say, "Thank you po!" I smiled and kiss her on the cheek earning a warm smile from her.

"Don't mention it, Julia."

*

It was dinnertime. Mama Meldy and I had fun lounging around the hallways while laughing at Sandro's pics. He, on the other hand, seems embarrassed. By the way, he cooked for us.

"—and iha, kung alam mo lang kung gaano niya hilig si Superman noon. He would always run around the house with his cape, and trust me, ambaho na nung cape," Mama Meldy story told while eating.

I stifled a laugh, while Sandro flushed with embarrassment, "Explains the smell po!" I joked around.

I earned a glare from Sandro and I mouthed a sorry to him while laughing. We ate with the talk about fetus Sandro that made him feel humiliated. It was kinda cute actually.