Chapter 9

Author's Note

Hiii! So, INDEBTED reached 2k reads! Yay! And it won't happen without you guys so, thank you to everyone who's been supporting us since then and of course you guys, our readers, thank you so much! We hope to be with you till the end, always keep in touch.. x

JULIA WILSON

"Anak, you should go home. It's been 6 months. We told you naman na Maggie was under the influence of drugs diba? She's on rehab. Go home na anak please?" my mom virtually pleaded.

I rub my eyes before answering her, "Mom, you don't have to worry about me here, I'm fine. I have a suitable job. To be honest, I might reconsider staying here for good," I told her.

"But anak, it will be campaign period soon and your dad wants you here. I told you naman diba, you won't be charge for what you did to Maggie. She was high with LSD, get that through your thick mind," she sighed.

Wow! I still can't go back to Philippines. Knowing that my name is cleared and my reputation is back, and all of that still won't make me come back. It takes more than that to rattle me.

"Ma, please, go to sleep na. Fine, I'll think of it okay?" I told her.

Honestly, I won't think about it. I just told that so she would buzz off, I have things to do.

"Sure anak, by the way, Happy Birthday baby!"

Oh so she did remember my fatal day. Cheers for being 22.

I smiled back, "Thank you ma, sige na, I have to do many files pa po."

She smiled and hung up.

I stood up and made my way to the sofa. I got my folders and started working for my company. It was dawn, a lively one. I fell in love with sunrise since that time in Ilocos. Before that, I was lackadaisical about it. There were no nights or days that passed wherein I didn't think about him. Needless to say, that memory haunted me but I want to know if he's okay.

It's been 6 months long. Maybe he got himself a new girlfriend, or maybe he became a politician like his dad. Whatever it is, the first maybe made me cringe. I wonder what he's doing right now. Well, it's been 6 dead months so don't expect that he'll show up. You can't just let people vanish from your life and expect them to stroll back whenever they want.

Yeah, it's been 6 months and I am still surviving. That night turned into pain and into a memory, but it made me mature. Now, I am one of the successful editors for Elle. Yep, that magazine.

I know that this is so uncalled-for but I want him to know that I still think of him. Maybe he does too.

I shook the thought off and decided to prep for my work. When I was done, I grabbed all the folders and portfolios I have and put it on a white sling bag. I took my I.D. that was hanging from the kitchen counter and made my way out. I took a cab to my office.

My heels clicked to the ground as I ran to the elevator. I don't want to be late. A swarm of people met my eyes as I ran towards it. When I reached the floor, I ran again towards our office. Only to be greeted by Jack, one of the best editors here.

He fixed his glasses, "So did you do the task?" he asked me as he put his hands over his chest.

"Oh yep," I looked through my bag and handed him the black folder, "I did!"

He kissed my cheek, "Thanks sweetie. THIS IS FABULOUSO!" he resonated as he run to his office.

So if you might ask, he is not my boyfriend and will never be because he's gay.