Chapter 38.2

V.2

JULIA WILSON

We finally arrived in London after 10 hours. Lucas is still fast asleep and we had a row when I woke him up. He's just not a morning person. He probably got that from Luis.

Speaking of, I remember the day he introduced me to his 'tita'.

-

My eyes are desperately searching for a formal dress. My room is now filled with a big pile of dresses. I let out a sigh as I see my closet almost empty.

My phone rang, alarming me of the current time, it's 7 pm and the dinner is in 8. I lost grip when I tried to turn it off sending it underneath my bed. Nice work, Julia, really nice!

As I search for the battery, my hand flew to a dusty box. I Indian sat and opened the box.

I gasped when I saw what was inside. It was a soft peach silk dress. It was heaven!

I took it out of the box to examine the dress. The silk was adorable, like made from clouds.

I was about to put the box back under my bed when I notice a glittery card. It says 'Happy Birthday Julia!'. At the back was the name of the clothing brand; Eliza J.

Oh My God! No wonder it looks like Faye Dunaway's dress from 'The Thomas Crown Affair'.

Whoever gave this to me is probably rich and has a classy taste. I like it!

Without wasting any minute, I took it straight to the bathroom so I could see if this is a perfect fit. I do hope so!

While wearing it, my eyes remained close as an element of surprise. It sounds crazy but I love crazy!

The silk was one with my skin and it sent shivers down my spine. Still excited, I ran my hand over the dress straightening it. Here it goes!

I opened my eyes and my mouth gasp.

Whoever gave this to me, my huge respect to you would never dwindle, I love your taste!

Luis picked me up at exactly 8 pm. Loads of compliments were thrown inside the car. He, too, liked it!

The ride to their house was short. We mostly talked about the weather and all that stuff. But, still, the nervousness was void in all my actions. I was exhaling loudly as if I'm gonna have an anxiety attack.

Luis reassured me to just do my best and be me. He didn't mention anything about impressing his family, but I knew I had to. If I want this relationship to work out, I'd do everything for him and him to me.

Ms. Risa welcomed us with a hug at the entrance. Conceal it, go smile! I smiled and held my hand out for her to shake, "Julia po! Nice meeting you!"

Smiling with her perfect teeth and the auntie aura, she took it, "Nice to meet you too! Luis here told me lots of things about you! You look beautiful"

I nudged Luis and he just smiled, "See, she likes you already!" he whispered audible for the both of us

We all sat and started talking. Luis would constantly throw compliments and praises in between the conversation, all making me blush, "Aww, you're too cute hija!" his tita said before drinking from the champagne glass

I smiled at them both. Not bad!

-

Well, people change. Change is inevitable, I guess. What was once an angel can give you so much pain in the ass in the coming years, or worst, days.