Chapter 8

∞ Arielle's P.O.V ∞

Brielle Walked Into Our Room While I Tried To Guess Why Mom And Dad Were Fighting .

She Sat Down And Took Off Her Shoes " Why They Fighting ? "

" I Don't Know , Probably About Us "

" I Wonder What We Did " She Said As She Picked Clothes From Her Drawer .

" We Probably Didn't Do Anything . We Didn't Do Anything ... " I Replied Thinking A Little .

" Youu Did " She Put A Shower Cap On Her Head

" No . No . They Don't Know About That "

" Maybe They Doo . You Think About That And Have Fun Getting Yelled At "

" Shut The Fuck Up Brielle " I Threw A Pillow " Bet It Sumn Do With You "

" The Insurance Papers . It Probably Came In "

" Oh Shit ! I Forgot About Those ! Shit ! " I Started Pacing Back And Forth " Come Downstairs With Me And Look For It ! "

" I Gotta Take A Shower And Get Ready For School Tomorrow "

" Brielle Come Onn . Pleaase "

She Pulled Off Her Shower Cap And Threw Her Towel On Her Bed Before Leaving The Bedroom . Thank God . I Can't Imagine What Would Happen If They Had It .

Once We Reached Downstairs , Our Parents Quieted Down . I Noticed Mom Got A Little Nervous When She Saw Brielle . Dad Shot Her A Look And She Tried To Act Like Nothing Was Wrong .

" Hey Baby Girls " Our Dad Spoke " Need Anything ? "

" Uhh We Were Supposed To Get Mail From School , Just For Us , If We Had An Uhh Schedule Change Or Something "

" I Don't Remember Getting Anything , But You Can Take The Keys To Check . They're Right On The Table . You Can Look There Too "

We Quickly Went Over To The Table And Quietly Looked For The Mail . I Tried To Eavesdrop On My Parents' Conversation . All I Heard Was " She's Coming Soon " And " We Should Tell Her Ourselves "

Neither Of Us Found Anything So We Went Out To The Mailbox . There Was Nothing In There Either . We Were About To Go Back In When We Saw The Mailman Coming Up The Block . He Stopped At Our Neighbor's House For A While , Then Came Down To Ours . As Soon As He Left Our Lawn , We Checked The Mailbox And Didn't Find Anything From 1199SEIU . We Went Inside With The New Mail And Quickly Climbed Up The Stairs .

" Shit , Im Scared Now "

" It Probably Ain't Come In Cause You Went Yesterday "

I Nodded A Little . Man I Hope So .

*

*

*

Two New Students Transferred To Our School From Aavalon And Dennis . I Heard That They Were Both Seniors . I Just Didn't See Them Yet .

It Was Time For Our 3rd Class Of The Day , Which I Had Without The Others . I Walked Into Chemistry And Took A Seat At The Lab Table . I Hated Having This Class Alone .

This Cute , Tall , Brownskinned Boy Came Into The Class As Soon As I Was About To Get My Lab Coat And Goggles . I Watched Him Look Around And He Caught My Eye . I Looked Away And Felt Him Come Over To Me .

I Looked Up At Him , Realizing That He Had Hazel Eyes . They Got Darker As I Spoke " Yeah ? "

" This Class With Mrs. Haynie ? "