Chapter 1: Bad Blood

AN: New Story. Enjoy. Comment your thoughts so far.

-----------------------

I left a trail of dead bodies as I stormed inside the cabin in the middle of the woods.

I saw red. I wanted blood. His blood.

Werewolves lunged at me, but I was quick enough to dodge and counter attack them. I slashed their chests and throats with my claws with a loud resonating growl. The beta of their pack howled in surrender and all living werewolves bowed down. With a growl I sprinted down to the basement. I smashed the metal door open with my body and quickly stood on my hind legs facing the alpha. He was in his human form holding the love of my life with a knife over his throat. I growled at him, watching his every move.

He smirked at me. "Took you long enough to find me." He quickly looked at the human man in front of him. "Too bad you weren't fast enough."

My yellow eyes followed the knife as he sliced the throat of my boyfriend in front of me. I let out a howl before lunging at him angrily. I attached my teeth into his throat, thrashing wildly, before ripping his throat apart. I continued to tear him apart until his body was shredded to pieces.

I shifted back into my human form and cradled my dying boyfriend's head on my naked bloody lap.

"No no no... You can't die on me. Not now please." I cried out. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"I... Love... You..." He grunted before choking on his own blood.

"Don't leave me please. I love you too." He smiled one last time before his heart stopped beating. His bloodshot blue eyes stared back at me, the last time I'll ever see them. "Nate!!!! No!! You're not dead! No!" I cried out as I clutched onto his limp body tightly. "No!!!"

"Ari." He's not dead.

"Ari!" It can't be. He's just sleeping. It'll be fine.

"Aurora!"

I sat up with a gasp, sweat trailing down my face. My eyes were wide as I stared at the irritated face of my brother Jericho.

"Dammit Ari, get out of it." He gritted before he stood up straight by my bed. He massaged his temples with his right hand. "It's almost a year since that happened."

"You don't know Jer the things that I've seen in these nightmares. I see him die every night. There's nothing I could do, I can only see him die." Tears fell down as I explained my nightmares.

"Look Ari, I'm sorry about what happened to your human toy-"

"He wasn't my toy!" I snapped. "I loved him." I whispered lowly. I wrapped my arms around my body in comfort.

"Whatever. He's gone. It wasn't going to work out either way. You're bound to find your mate any time soon." He replied nonchalantly. "He will heal your broken heart."

I looked away from him and stared out my window, seeing the sun rising over the horizon. I heard him sigh before walking towards the door.

"It's 5am. Get ready. We have important visitors today." I immediately looked back at him.

"The Wolfe Pack's coming today?" I asked him full of surprise. He nodded stiffly.

"Yes. They are coming to talk about a possible alliance. They're the strongest and largest pack in the Midwest, it'll be wise to be allies in case a war breaks out with the leeches." He replied curtly.