Chapter 7: The Talk

AURORA'S POV

The next day I woke up earlier than usual and walked straight to the dungeon to check on my friends. The rotten smell greeted my nose as I walked by the prisoner cells. I stopped in front of Alek's cell.

"Time to wake up." I spoke softly as I saw him murmuring in his sleep. He was healing well, the hole in his stomach was looking much better. His skin was still red as if he was severely sun burnt. He was only wearing an underwear, since the fire burned his clothes. I had to ask the guards to get me an underwear, didn't want him naked in his cell. His eyes opened and he groggily lifted his bald head up from the floor.

"What's going on?" He asked tired and confused.

"You look like hell." I motioned to him. "Of course it is because of me. How are you feeling?"

"I feel like I was trampled by a thousand buffalos." He winced and touched his stomach.

"It's time we have you checked out by our pack doctor. You also need some food."

I pulled out my leather gloves from my jean's back pocket and wore them. I don't feel like getting burned by the silver cell. I unlocked his cell door and motioned for him to follow me but he collapsed on his first try to get up. I definitely did a number on him. I walked towards him and kneeled down to touch his shoulder. He whimpered at my touch and inhaled deeply at the pain.

"Guards!" I called out. Two guards came running in, ready for a fight, until they saw me by Alek. "Lock the door. I'm taking Alek to Michael."

I quickly pulled Alek over my shoulder to minimize the pain and quickly ran to the elevator. The moment we were up on the surface I ran at the speed of light to our pack doctor's house.

I mind linked him as I made my way there.

'Michael, I'm heading your way with an injured wolf.'

He responded immediately. 'I'll be waiting.'

As we made it to Michael's house, he was already waiting for us at the front door. He opened the door and motioned for me to go inside. I walked straight to the hospital wing of his house.

"Take him to room 3." Michael spoke behind me.

I walked inside room 3 and laid Alek on the bed. I stepped back and wait for Michael to do his thing.

Michael's house is actually a large house that houses our doctors with a large wing that serves as a hospital. The only reason we call it Michael's house is because he's our only current doctor. I was supposed to be a doctor but things changed when Nate died. We have six werewolves who are about to graduate from medical school and soon will join Michael. I still can't believe how Michael manages to help an entire pack by himself.

"Is he one of your prisoners?" Michael asked as he took in Alek's burnt weak form.

"He was. He is now a part of our pack. He and his mate are the newest omegas." I explained. "He is to not be left alone. I will have guards for him."

"You certainly did a number on him." Michael stated with pursed lips. "What did you do?"

"Well... I burned him alive and also had rats dig into his stomach." I explained. Michael looked at me in alarm. "No worries, the rats are clean and healthy."