Chapter 4: Nathaniel

I woke up dreading the day. Today marks one year since that night. The last night I gazed into Nate's eyes.

Once fully awake, which took a long while, I jumped into the cold shower.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen after my daily morning hygienic routine. I rounded the corner to see the backs of Jericho and Kate in the kitchen.

"Morning." I greeted lazily. They both turned around and sent me a wary look.

"Morning sister." Jericho greeted with a forced smile. "How are you?" He glanced at Kate before focusing on me again. I knew exactly what he meant by that question.

"I'm fine."

Kate immediately took out a plate and served me an omelette. "Here you go sweetie."

I smiled at her and sat down to eat. I finished my omelette quickly and washed off my dirty plate and fork.

"Thank you for the breakfast Kate. It was delicious." I was about to go out of the kitchen when Jericho called out my name.

"Where are you going?" I turned around and gave him a small smile.

"I want to be alone today Jer. I'm going to visit Nate." I replied.

Before they could see me cry, I sped out to my safe haven. I ran in full speed for over an hour until I arrived. It was hidden deep in the woods that Nate and I accidentally found. It was hidden behind thick bushes and large trees. A passerby wouldn't even guess that something so beautiful would be there. I still remember the day we found it.

"Come on Rose, let's go on an adventure!" I giggled as I sat behind Nate on his motorcycle.

I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist, pressing my face against his shoulder blades, the smell of his leather jacket hitting my nose. I love the smell of leather. "Where are we heading?"

He turned on the bike and smirked back at me. "Into the woods." He winked before speeding off. 

I was worried about that simple phrase. Which woods? I couldn't pass through another pack's territory without permission. I shook my thoughts away and leaned comfortably on him.

Nate is four years older than I am. We met on my freshman year of college when I was only 19 years old. He was the most handsome man I have ever laid eyes on. He was always wearing leather jackets, saying that it made him look more manly. He had long wavy dark brown hair that reached half the back of his neck. His jawline was to die for with an after shave scent. He had the most beautiful set of blue eyes that I have ever gazed on to. He was lean but muscular. He was tall, standing six feet tall against my 5'4 frame. Just imagine my disappointment when my wolf didn't recognized him as my mate.

He continued to ride down the lonely road between the woods before he turned right into the woods. I tightened my hold on him as we passed in full speed between trees and bushes. He continued this unknown path before slowing down to a stop.

My eyes widened and my mouth fell in shock. The scene before us was beautiful. There were several lanterns hanging on several trees with a picnic area nicely set up in the middle of the trees.