Chapter 14: Vampire Hybrid

"He's a vampire witch? That means that he can escape the cell! Go quick and make sure he doesn't escape!" Asher nodded and ran off. I mind linked Jericho to come to my room.

A few minutes later the door opened and in comes my brother followed by Sebastian. I sighed. Why must he always be here?

"How are you doing Ari?" Jericho sat on my bedside and held my hands in his.

"I'm fine." I replied with a grimace. He gave me a look. "Ok maybe I'm not that fine. But I'm ok."

"You wanted to talk to me? What happened with Kaspar? Taylor told me you demanded that he should not be killed before you blacked out. I know you wanted to kill him yourself but really Ari?" He shook his hair with his right hand. "I don't understand."

"That's why I called you." I turned my eyes to Sebastian's silent form and then back at Jericho. "I wanted to speak to you, but I didn't know you were bringing company."

"Ari I'm your mate. You've been acting different since the battle. What's going on?" Sebastian looked at me with worried eyes and a frown.

"I need to speak to Jericho alone about this specific matter. Please respect my wishes Sebastian, which is something you tend to struggle with." His jaw clenched.

"You see Jericho? She's pushing me away-"

"You've been talking to my brother about us?" I sat up in anger.

"Ari calm down. Sebastian, please leave. We'll talk later." Sebastian gave me another glance before walking away. "What's going on?"

I sighed deeply. "Everything got so complicated. Jericho, that vampire down in the dungeon... he's name is not really Kaspar." He looked at me intently. "He's Nathaniel."

It took him a few seconds to process and then his eyes widened. He stood up and started pacing. "That's why you didn't killed him! He's your Nathaniel!"

"Exactly. I could never hurt him. And now he's a vampire witch hybrid."

"What!" I nodded.

"He's a vampire witch. He's Anna's grandson. He lost his memory and doesn't remember anything before he was turned. I'm trying to help him remember." I informed.

"And what do you think is going to happen when he remembers?" That was the part where I was torn. "When he remembers you, he will continue to love you. Ari, you were engaged to him. He will want to continue to be with you. You have a mate now."

"But I'm still not marked." I whispered.

"Are you seriously considering to leave Sebastian for Nathaniel?" He looked angry.

"I'm still in love with Nathaniel." I responded softly.

"And Sebastian?" I looked down.

"I like him a lot." I said truthfully.

"But you don't love him." He stated.

"If it wasn't for the bond, I wouldn't have ever dated him. He's too annoying and clingy."

"A rejection from a mate is the worst thing you can do. You will kill him from the inside."

A single tear dropped from my left eye. "I'm sorry Jer. But I can't lose Nate again. I love him far too much. I wished that he was my mate."

SEBASTIAN'S POV

I left the dungeon and made my way to Jericho's house in anger. What is wrong with her! Why does she treat me so low? I'm her mate!