Chapter 3: Mates

AURORA'S POV:

"Guards!" I yelled out. Immediately two large guards burst through the door. They saluted with a fist over their heart and a bow.

"Yes my Lady."

"Take Jessica to get cleaned up and give her a proper meal. I want him back to his cell and once he wakes up, give him a lot of water. Keep an eye on her. Do not let her out of your site. She is still a prisoner." I ordered. "Once she's nicely cleaned up, take her back to her cell. I will return for her within the hour."

Each guard proceeded to inject both mates in the neck with the virus before removing the chains from them. I watched them drag both of them out of the torture chamber silently. With that done I cleaned up my tools that I used during today's torture. I turned on the ventilation machine to clear out all the smoke and chemicals in the air.

Once I was done cleaning everything, I left my dungeon and walked out to the surface, smelling the natural fresh air. I was about to mind link Jericho when I felt an unfamiliar presence. My body tensed and I quickly spun around and slammed the person against a tree.

"Woah it's me!" I growled at the man in front of me before noticing it was Sebastian. I immediately let him go and stepped away.

"Next time don't sneak up on me." I gritted. I gave him one last look before turning to leave.

"Aurora wait!" I stilled, not liking the fact that I enjoyed how he said my name. "We need to talk."

I turned around stiffly and looked at him. "About?"

"About us. This was not the way I imagined meeting my mate." He confessed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What, you thought I would jump in joy and attack you with kisses and lovemaking?" I asked him sarcastically.

He looked at me sheepishly. "Well yeah."

I shook my head before snorting. "I'm not that type of girl."

"That's what I figured since you torture people. That's not a job for a girl like you." My nose flared at the statement.

"A girl like me? So now you suddenly know all about me?" I growled at him in anger. He doesn't know me. No one knows- I stilled. "Did Jericho said something?"

He frowned. "No. I haven't even told him that we are mates."

"Either way, you shouldn't make assumptions on the things I can or can't do." I growled.

"Look I'm sorry Aurora. I wasn't thinking. I just want to get to know you." He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I've been waiting for you all this time and I finally found you."

'Mate. Need to be with mate.' I heard my wolf whined.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to think what to do. Should I give him a chance? Wouldn't I be betraying Nate?

'Nate will always be our first love.' My wolf interjected. 'He would've wanted us to be happy, with or without him.'

I sighed deeply opening my eyes. "Ok fine." He smiled brightly before engulfing me in a tight hug.

I heard my wolf sigh at the contact, finally being wrapped by our mate.