Chapter 5: A New Life

Mature sexual content.

——————————————————

AURORA'S POV

After I woke up fully rested, I looked at Nathaniel's headstone with a smile. The first time I ever smiled at it.

"You once made me promise you that if one day something happened to you, that I will move on and love again. Well, you have been gone and my mate is here. And just as I promised, I will move on. I will love again." I kissed his headstone. "Goodbye Nathaniel. See you later. One day I will lay with you once again."

It was getting dark outside, so I sped back to my house. Before arriving at the border of our territory, I felt eyes watching me. I stopped to look around me. I didn't smell a scent or felt a presence. Hmm. That's weird. I decided to mind-link Taylor.

'Jared.' I called out.

'Ari, everything alright?' I heard Jared's worried voice respond.

'I'm east of the border. I think someone is here. Please have your men check it out.' I requested.

'Of course. On our way.'

I waited for them to arrive while keeping watch of my surroundings. I heard movement near some bushes and sped towards the noise. I then slowly neared the moving bushes before a rabbit jumped out, scaring the crap out of me.

"Oh my God!" I raised my right hand up to my chest against my heart. "Stupid rabbit." I muttered.

"Lady Aurora." I turned around to see Jared with 5 other men. He turned to them. "Split up and search the area. Be aware of your surroundings. It's getting dark outside."

With a nod they all walked around the woods. Jared glanced at me before walking away to search. I left them to do their job and made my way to the alpha house. A strong scent attacked my nose and sniffed it.

'Mate.' My wolf growled lustfully. 'Mate is here.'

With a smile I followed the scent of my mate. Once the scent got stronger, I stopped to look at Sebastian with Jericho. Hmm... Wonder what they're talking about.

I walked silently towards them, making sure they don't hear me. Their conversation looked very intense, especially when Sebastian didn't notice my scent. I stopped walking when I could see them clearly.

Jericho shook his head before saying, "Sorry but I can't do that."

Sebastian's eyebrows narrowed significantly. "Why is that?"

"I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone where she goes. It's the only place she truly feels at peace. She has to share that with you." Jericho replied. I smiled at my brother's response. I knew I could trust him.

"I'm her mate. She should feel at peace with me." Sebastian whimpered.

I frowned at his statement. I wasn't aware how much I hurt him. I needed to talk to him. Before Jericho could say something, I stepped forward and spoke up.

"You're right." They both snapped their heads to me. I smiled at them as I walked closer. "We are mates after all." I pecked Jericho's cheek as a thank you for not telling Sebastian where I was, before turning my attention to Sebastian. "Join me on a walk?"

Sebastian nodded immediately and walked up next to me. "Of course."

I nodded at Jericho. "See you later bro."