Chapter 10: Fugitives

We ran and ran without stopping for half an hour until we finally stopped before reaching my territory. I turned around to look at Sebastian.

"Why did you do it?" He looked down at the ground in shame.

"I would rather die than to make you suffer because of me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." He replied as he looked up at me.

"I told you to forget about me! I told you the pack is more important than me. Why didn't you listen to me? Even after I threatened to reject you?"

"Because life is worthless without you in it. You're my top priority. You should know that out of everyone." I frowned at the last statement. "You risked the lives of some people to save your human boyfriend."

"How do you know that?" I never told him about that.

"The vampire that was torturing me told me so." He knows then. "He told me that you went to attack a base of 75 men with only six warriors. That was a suicide mission, but you didn't cared. You just wanted to save Nate."

That night will always be engraved in my mind.

It has been six long torturous weeks since Nate has been kidnapped. I have searched heaven and hell for him until I finally found where he was being kept, the only problem is that it if filled with werewolves.

I need to talk to Jericho.

I made my way to Jericho's office and walked right in. My eyes widened in shock at the sight in front of me. Kate was seating on top of Jericho on his chair, getting it on.

If it was a different time I would've left unnoticed, but I came with a purpose. A purpose to save my Nate.

I cleared my throat earning a yelp from Kate as she fell off the chair.

"Ari!" Jericho yelled out in horror as he covered himself.

"Sorry to interrupt bro, but we need to talk." I smirked at them.

Kate's flush face ran out the door once she pulled up her jeans. Jericho annoyingly fastened the belt of his jeans.

Once Jericho and I were alone in the room, I sat on one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"What do you want?" He asked irritated.

"I found Nate." His eyes widened and he sat up straight. "Alpha Aaron has him in his territory. I heard from several sources that he has several people captive doing all kinds of experiments on them. We need to put an end to him and all his monstrous experiments." I slammed my fist on his desk, making a small dent on it.

"How many enemies?"

"He has a little over 70 men. We can easily defeat them." I smiled.

"The pack is still suffering for the loss of their former alpha and luna, we are in a weakened state. I can't afford losing you too. Everyone thinks I'm the only one left of the family, let's keep it that way. I'm not going to lose more people for one person."

I stared at him in shock. "You mean for one human? For Nate?" Tears began to fall out of my eyes. "I thought you would be the first to support me. I guess not." I stood up and left his office.

I went to my room and changed my clothes for something more suitable for a battle: beige shorts and a black tank top. I walked out of the alpha house and made my way to the woods when Taylor stopped me.