Chapter 8: Planning

"Why is there a vampire out to get us? We haven't crossed their paths for two years. Why now?" Beta Mike asked at our official meeting.

All of the leaders of the pack are here. Taylor, the warrior commander, Mike and Jane, the Betas, Annalise, the elder witch, and finally Jericho, Kate and me, the alpha family. Every time there is an official meeting to discuss matters of the pack, we all get together in Jericho's round table. He's a massive fan of King Arthur.

"I'm sure the mysterious intruder knows more about this vampire. He or she could be working for the vampire." Annalise spoke. I nodded.

"I agree. Whoever it is, they're spying on us. Probably to see how we work, how we are set up." I added.

"Then I will have to speak to Jared about how we will manage the patrol. I will be conducting different routines and schedules weekly." Taylor stated as he started to write down on his notepad.

One of our scouts arrived and silently made his way to Jericho. He whispered something to Jericho's ear and Jericho nodded with a thank you.

"Annalise, we just received the ingredients for the spell. How soon can you do it?" My brother asked Anna as he turned to her.

"I need an hour to prepare, but the intruder must be in sight for it to work." Anna replied.

"So we have to drive him towards you." Jericho replied. "All right. Have everything set up. We are going to find ourselves this intruder. Ari, you will be getting answers from him."

"Indeed I will." I smirked.

"Taylor, get your men ready. There's so much we have to do."

Anna followed our scout outside to where the ingredients where to begin the preparations. The meeting went for another hour to plan out exactly how we were going to get the intruder to go towards Anna.

It was already 7 pm and we have been waiting for three hours with no sight of the intruder. I was seating below a tree, tired and hungry. Everyone was spread out in different locations to try to sense him. I had a book with me to read while waiting, I need to make it look more natural. I don't want the intruder to be suspicious.

Twenty minutes later, I began to sense someone was watching me.

'He's here.' I mind linked everyone. I stood up to look around for any sign of his location.

"Anyone there?" I called out. No response. Of course.

I closed my book and began to slowly walk away towards where Anna was waiting. I felt a gush of wind behind me, making me jump. I could feel my heart accelerating rapidly. I increased my pace to a run until something hit the back of my head making me pass out.

.......

I woke up with a terrible pain on the back of my head. I touched it to reveal blood on my fingers. I got hit!

I looked around my surroundings and determined that I was in a basement. The floor was made of cement with a pale blue color for the walls. There were no windows and only one black door. I ran towards it only to be burned by the doorknob.

"Ugh! It's silver dammit!" I shook my hand furiously to shake away the burnt feeling from touching silver. "Let me out!"

I shouted for a good half an hour until I heard the sound of key chains approaching. I stood back and prepared for an assault.

The door opened and I jumped on the person only to be shot with a gun on the shoulder. I fell to the ground with my shoulder burning like hell. Silver bullet! I growled at my enemy. I looked up at a tall lean man with bright blue eyes staring at me with sorrow.