Chapter 19: Murderer

"Do we have any leads?" I asked Jared as I walked up to him.

"All we know is that the murderer is a woman. Before the last victim died, he uttered she before dying. And we know that this woman has something against you." Jared stated.

I sighed. "Well, plenty of people hate me. Could it be a vampire? A retaliation against the capture of their prince?"

"That's a possibility but the wounds were caused by a werewolf." Jared looked at the file report of the murders. "There was no outside presence entering the territory."

"So you're saying someone from the pack killed them." I narrowed my brows.

"Yes. We are currently beginning a search of everyone's houses." Jared informed.

"Start with the omegas." I stated. "I tortured them, they're my first suspects."

"We already are on it."

"Good. Make sure you really look into Bailey, I don't trust her at all. There's... history with her." He nodded.

"We had eyes on her the whole time. She didn't do it."

"I don't care." I growled. "Search her. But remember, don't alarm the people."

"Yes of course." He bowed before leaving.

I ran back to my bedroom where I locked Gabby in. She was pacing the room when I arrived.

"What the heck Ari! What's going on? You can't just manhandle me and use your super speed to lock me like Rapunzel." She pouted.

"I'm sorry Gabby. But something happened and I needed to keep you safe. I'm going to have to take you back to the city." She looked worried.

"What happened?"

"Can't say. Pack business." I grabbed her and use my super speed to take her to her mom's house. Her luggage was waiting right in the back of her house. "I'll call you later Gabby."

"Ok."

I returned back to my pack and stormed my way to where Jared was holding Bailey.

"You!" I glared at Bailey, who was seating down next to Jessica and Alek. "This is all your doing! The murders happened right when you were free. You told me you wanted revenge."

She shook her head slowly. "I did no such thing. Why would I tell you in the first place if I wanted to kill you? That would just make me the first suspect, which it did. But I told you that to come clean with no secrets. I want to be a good person for my mate."

She looked at me with big hopeful brown eyes. Everyone was staring at me for a response.

I clenched my jaw. "Regardless of your change of heart, we still need to do a thorough search. And that's for everyone as well." I glanced at everyone. "Someone is out to get me, and I have no idea why."

I walked out and headed straight to the dungeon.

"Nathaniel." I called as I stood in front of his cell. He was sitting on the ground staring at me.

"The name's Kaspar." He glared. He stood up and dusted his wrinkled pants before walking up to the bars. "What can I do for you?"

"There has been three murders today with my name carved on their chests." I informed. "Do you have any idea who it is?"

He smirked. "No."

"So why are you smirking huh?"

His smirk widened. "Because you're afraid. Someone wants you dead and you have no idea who it is."