Chapter 18: The Werewolf Race

"Jericho?" I called through his bedroom door.

"Come on in Ari." He replied.

I opened up the door to see him gathering up the dirty laundry. Kate makes him do the laundry.

"Must you always be shirtless." I gagged as I looked at his shirtless self.

"Why not? I have a great bod."

"Like everyone else in this pack." I added. "Anyways, I wanted you to meet Gabby."

He dropped the clothes in his hand and looked at me. "So I take it everything went well?" I nodded with a smile. "I'm happy for you Ari. Now where is this human friend of yours?"

I turned around and gestured for Gabby to come inside, who was currently hiding in embarrassment beside the opened door. When she wouldn't come out, I went over and pulled her in by her forearm.

"Aahhh." She squealed at the sudden pull. She almost tripped over the laundry on the floor before I held her in place. "Oomph."

"Now that you are here let me introduce you to my only living relative and brother, Jericho." I gestured to Jericho. "Jericho, meet my flustered looking bestie Gabriella."

Gabby's pink face turned to red at the introduction. Jericho raised his eyebrows and smirked. He lifted his hand to shake hers.

"Pleasure to meet you Gabriella. I heard a lot about you. You're into acting right?" Gabby shook his hand with wide eyes.

"Y-yes." I raised a single brow at her. She NEVER stutters. Hmm... She cleared her throat. "Yes I am. I heard a few things about you as well."

"Consider yourself honored then. You're the very first human to step foot in our territory for the past 26 years." Jericho smiled wide. "I'm sure everyone will be curious about you. Especially the children who have never seen a human in their lives."

"W-well I'm h-honored."Gabby smiled shyly.

"Are you ok? I don't intimidate you right?" Jericho put his hands on his waist and looked at her expectantly.

"W-well you're a werewolf."

"So is my sister." He pointed to me.

"Yeah but she's different. Not intimidating at all." She waved dismissively at me.

"Hey!" I glared at her.

Gabby laughed. "I love you!"

"What!" All heads snapped to the door where a fuming Sebastian was glaring daggers at poor Gabby. Jericho tensed up and moved in front of Gabby in a defensive stance.

"Sebastian!" I called his attention. "You're free now! Right on time to meet my best friend in the entire world who happens to be human." I smiled.

His eyes looked at me confused before staring back at Gabby's wide eyes. He then broke into a grin and scratched his neck.

"Oh sorry about that. My apologies." He relaxed his shoulders and walked towards me, giving me a soft kiss on my lips before turning to her.

Once Jericho realized that Sebastian was okay, he moved beside Gabby, no longer protecting her.

"I am really sorry for how I acted. I'm just really tense." And you can clearly see on his back and neck how he stands slightly leaning forward.

"I can give you a nice massage after this." I offered. He gave me a soft smile.

"Thank you my love." He turned back to Gabby and lifted his hand to shake her hand. "I'm Sebastian Wolfe, alpha of the Wolfe Pack and Aurora's mate."