Chapter 15: Mating Issues

Once I hung up the phone I laid on the bed. I was exhausted and in need of some nice long sleep. I was about to fall asleep when someone knocked on my door and then opened it.

"Ari, there seems to be a problem." I heard Jericho as he walked in.

I opened my eyes and looked over to him. "What's going on?"

"It's Sebastian. He's gone mad." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"He's currently locked up in the dungeon. He wants to kill Nathaniel. I think he knows who he is."

My eyes widened. Oh no... he wasn't supposed to find out and now he's on a rage.

"Nathaniel's very existence threatens the mating bond between you two. As an alpha and a mate, he's trying to do anything he can to not lose you. Nathaniel is competition." He explained further.

"In other words, he wants to destroy his competition." I stated solemnly. "He can't kill Nate."

"I know. That's why he's locked up. He tried to shift to attack me and my men." He shook his head. "We injected the virus on him. So we have to keep him safe for 24 hours until it wears off. He's too fragile for enemies right now."

"I should go see him. I can calm him down." He shook his head.

"No. Let him be. He needs to learn to control his emotions. He also threatened the lives of my men."

"As long as he doesn't hurt himself, I'm okay with that." My brother looked exhausted. "What's going on Jer?"

His shoulders slumped. "Can I confide in you?"

"Always." The word always means a lot to werewolves. We are a pack family forever. We say the word to those we love dearly, meaning that we will be with them no matter what.

He sighed deeply and sat down on my bed. "I feel so much... pressure. I'm not prepare to handle all this alpha business. There's so much paperwork to do, especially after a big battle against the vampires. Father didn't taught me everything I need to know. He was taken too soon, too suddenly. Beta Jackson helps me a lot, but I just feel like a little kid with a lot of responsibility. I'm not worthy to be alpha."

I stayed silent as I heard everything he had to say. "Jericho, you are exactly the alpha we need for this pack. Yes, our parent's death was abrupt and you became alpha right after, but you were trained for this moment since the day you were born. Kate is here to help you. Her father was an alpha after all. Everyone loves you Jer. If there is so much paperwork to do, why don't you just hire a secretary."

I ruffled his hair and he pushed me away with a laugh. "I love you Ari." He kissed my forehead softly. "Why didn't I thought of a secretary?"

"Because you're stupid." I stuck my tongue out.

"Hey!" He pushed my forehead making me fall back on my bed.

"Make sure your secretary is male." He looked at me confused.

"Why?" I gave him a look.

"Seriously? Because Kate will not be happy if you have a female secretary that will be working with you all the time." His mouth shaped to an o and nodded slowly.

"Also, I just spoke to Gabby on the phone." I said cautiously.

"Your human best friend?" I nodded slowly.

"I want to tell her the truth about me and if she accepts me as I am, I would like to bring her here to meet you." He pouted as he thought about what I said.