Chapter 11: NAU Meeting

I was waiting in the meeting room with Sebastian when Jericho arrived. He looked worried and confused.

"Ari, what's going on?" He asked me.

"Do you know about the vampire kingdom?" I asked with narrow eyebrows.

"Yes why?" My eyes widened.

"What! How come I didn't know anything about that? I had to learned from my captor!" I growled.

"I'm sorry Ari, but only alphas and betas know about it. I told our parents that you should know, but they said that's it's been like that for fifty years. Ultimately, there's no need for pack members to know, including those part of the alpha family unless they become alphas."

"Does Kate knows?" He nodded.

"Yes of course. A Luna must be the same mind as the Alpha."

"Well," I looked over at Sebastian, "I'm mated with an alpha."

Sebastian smiled and held my hand. "You are the best person to be destined to be with. I wouldn't want it another way."

"Even with all my flaws? My past?" He only smiled.

"That's what makes you you." He leaned forward and gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

We heard footsteps approaching and then a voice. "Alpha Jericho, the alphas have arrived." Taylor announced.

I broke the kiss and smiled at Jericho. "Time to welcome the alphas."

.........

"You're saying that the entire vampire kingdom will attack us in three days? When we're most vulnerable?" The alpha from Texas asked me.

"Yes. Kaspar will kill all of the werewolves from the Midwest first, and keep all the children to train them against us." Murmurs erupted at the mention of the children being taken. "Alpha Lincoln is working with the vampires. Vladimir wants total domination of the world. He wants to destroy the werewolf race and then turn humans into slaves. We are no longer talking about saving the werewolf race, we are talking about saving the entire world."

"Why should we believe a thing you say?" Washington's alpha asked with arms crossed.

Sebastian growled. "Aurora is my mate and future luna. She is speaking the truth. I was also held captive. I can vouch for her. Why else would she lie?"

"Alpha Sebastian speaks the truth." Jericho added. "Why else would my sister lie? She has alpha blood and is mated to an alpha, her duty to protect our race runs in her blood."

"There is no time for division." I rose up from my seat. "We must be united against our common foe. That is the only way we can defeat them. They will first attack the 12 packs of the Midwest for being our allies and closest to them. Once that is done, they will continue to advance with the rest of the country. If we want to survive this war, if we want to protect our children and secure a home for them here, we must fight together!" Several cheers erupted from the alphas and I can see Jericho and Sebastian smiling proudly at me.

"Kaspar has declared war against us all and so we must fight back with all we have." Jericho stood up from his seat as I took mine. "Who will stand with us and help protect our country?"

"Michigan is with you."

"North Dakota as well."

"And South Dakota."

"Ohio will fight."

"Count Minnesota in."

"As well as Nebraska."